Interesting Near Death Experience of a Rumanian Man

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 01:01 am
I found this testimony very interesting and true
Have a look at the video and please comment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-x1boYG1L8
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,080 • Replies: 9
No top replies

hightor

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 04:15 am
@Alan McDougall,
That was an interesting description of a culturally derived hallucination.
Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 9 May, 2017 08:33 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

That was an interesting description of a culturally derived hallucination.

How can you state as if it were factual that it was an hallucination.
I had a near death experience that I KNOW WAS NOT A HALLUCINATION
hightor

Reply Thu 11 May, 2017 03:35 am
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:

How would you "know" that? You were near death at the time.

People often describe dreams as if they were actual events, "So I opened the door to this giant empty hall, like you'd see in an old castle, and there were hundreds of lit candles, but all burning in different colors! It was so realistic!"

I trust that you believe in your interpretation of your recollection of your experience. And very often we confuse our subjective beliefs with actual knowledge. It "feels" identical. As when I "was" in that dream with the burning candles. It even felt real for a few moments after I awoke. I had no reason to claim the experience was real, however. In your case you do. You experienced a very dramatic event and have subsequently invested much of your self-identity in your recollection of the event. I'm glad you've made sense of the experience after the fact and that you've gained insight from your experience but I don't know why you need to insist that it wasn't a hallucination of some sort, or why you need to broadcast your personal vision to the world.
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 07:21 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

How would you "know" that? You were near death at the time.

People often describe dreams as if they were actual events, "So I opened the door to this giant empty hall, like you'd see in an old castle, and there were hundreds of lit candles, but all burning in different colors! It was so realistic!"
I trust that you believe in your interpretation of your recollection of your experience. And very often we confuse our subjective beliefs with actual knowledge. It "feels" identical. As when I "was" in that dream with the burning candles. It even felt real for a few moments after I awoke. I had no reason to claim the experience was real, however. In your case you do. You experienced a very dramatic event and have subsequently invested much of your self-identity in your recollection of the event. I'm glad you've made sense of the experience after the fact and that you've gained insight from your experience but I don't know why you need to insist that it wasn't a hallucination of some sort, or why you need to broadcast your personal vision to the world.

I KNOW I WAS NEAR DEATH because my heart had stopped beating and I flatlined over and over again due to an electric malfunction of my heart due to TOTAL AV HEAR BLOCK
hightor

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 10:33 am
@Alan McDougall,
But how did you "know" it wasn't a hallucination? And why all the CAPITALS? I can hear you fine.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 03:16 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

But how did you "know" it wasn't a hallucination? And why all the CAPITALS? I can hear you fine.

So you hear with your eyes that is very interesting.

You do not seem to know that I had the experience not you.

Many people Timbuktu is a mythical place but in reality it is city in a small African Country Mali.

Dar es Salaam is another real city I know it is real because I have visited Tanzania.

Why don,t you say these are also just hallucinations of my dreams?

hightor

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 07:17 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:

Of course certain inflections are implied by the font, typeface, and letter case. Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to use caps. You GOT LOUD. It's one of the conventions of English literature.
Quote:

How could I "not know" that? I'm asking you how you "knew" that it was an empirically verifiable experience. I'm not claiming to have had the same experience myself.
Quote:
Many people Timbuktu is a mythical place but in reality it is city in a small African Country Mali.

And in reality I knew that — just recently there were stories about ancient manuscripts saved from jihadist depredation in Timbuktu.
Quote:
Dar es Salaam is another real city I know it is real because I have visited Tanzania.

Well that's nice but it's not that unbelievable a claim, not the kind of thing to start any skeptical alarm bells to start ringing. I don't know where you've been or where you're going and I don't care — as if I had the means or interest in attempting to verify your claims.
Quote:

Because in this case you are not claiming to have experienced anything outside the normal shared perceptions of ordinary human beings.
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 15 May, 2017 02:00 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

Of course certain inflections are implied by the font, typeface, and letter case. Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to use caps. You GOT LOUD. It's one of the conventions of English literature.
Quote:

How could I "not know" that? I'm asking you how you "knew" that it was an empirically verifiable experience. I'm not claiming to have had the same experience myself.
Quote:

And in reality I knew that — just recently there were stories about ancient manuscripts saved from jihadist depredation in Timbuktu.

Quote:

Well that's nice but it's not that unbelievable a claim, not the kind of thing to start any skeptical alarm bells to start ringing. I don't know where you've been or where you're going and I don't care — as if I had the means or interest in attempting to verify your claims.
Quote:

Because in this case you are not claiming to have experienced anything outside the normal shared perceptions of ordinary human beings.

hightor , your brilliant incisive mind stumps me at its grasp of the infinite/
0 Replies

Bayode1

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 06:01 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Indeed, near death experiences are real and really claimed to have died and come back to life to become Christians due to their strange experiences at afterlife like the testimony of this Muslim imam that died and rose again.
0 Replies