Are the concepts of Infinity and Eternity Impossible truths/Realities?

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 09:46 am
Are the concepts of Infinity and Eternity, both Impossible and and true at the same time?

The human mind retreats from these facts that both eternity and infinity must true but somehow all logic tells us that they must also be impossible,

For instance a road that was infinitely long (goes on forever) and even if one traveled down it forever you would never come to an end This means that we have an ultimate oxymoron, a true falsehood.

These apparent conundrums, to the limited human mind must be both true and also impossible

They must both be factual real and true but are not, for all things must have a cause and a beginning and an end.

Hep me out guys my head hurts?

Maybe this is the ultimate oxymoron? A false/truth?

Help me out guys my head hurts!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,576 • Replies: 2
No top replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 11:44 am
Eternity has been popularly and erroneously defined as everlasting time. The true definition of Eternity is "outside the field of time". Trying to understand eternity will really make your head hurt, and it's virtually a Zen koan. Joseph Campbell resurrected the obsolete word "eviternal" to refer to everlasting time.

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 9 May, 2017 08:47 am
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Eternity has been popularly and erroneously defined as everlasting time. The true definition of Eternity is "outside the field of time". Trying to understand eternity will really make your head hurt, and it's virtually a Zen koan. Joseph Campbell resurrected the obsolete word "eviternal" to refer to everlasting time.

A googleplex might quality as close to eternity and then there is Grahams Number that you can look up as the greatest number ever conceived by humans
0 Replies