Uh-Oh Daughter Has "Thing" for Guitar Players!

cavfancier

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 08:04 pm
squinney wrote:
Hi, I'mk2ingitup.

Welcome aboard. Great! Another one on her side! Very Happy

How about a sax player or something... The Kenny G types don't seem so "dangerous."

More dangerous, methinks.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 08:07 pm
cavfancier wrote:
squinney wrote:
Cav! This is my daughter!!! Not ME!! I'd definantly take the breath control over fast hands for myself.

You misinterpreted my 'naughty naughty' remark regarding Kenny G, sax players and breath control for your daughter...

Uh-oh. Did I have a dirty thought? Embarrassed
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 08:18 pm
squinney wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
squinney wrote:
Cav! This is my daughter!!! Not ME!! I'd definantly take the breath control over fast hands for myself.

You misinterpreted my 'naughty naughty' remark regarding Kenny G, sax players and breath control for your daughter...

Uh-oh. Did I have a dirty thought? Embarrassed

Only you can answer that question. Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:11 am
Okay, now I think we're in for a real ride. She has expanded her demands for a maate:

1. Guitar Player
2. Chef
3. Dark hair
4. Blue eyes
5. Speaks French
6. Sensative
7. Not embarrassed to buy her tampons.

She reviewed her list with me last night and then...

"Oh my gosh! I'm gonna marry a gay guy!"

I tried to suggest that might not be so bad, but she caught on to my plan.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 10:13 am
LOL...you funny...

Say hi to CareBear
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 02:44 am
that list sounds pretty good to me - now why didn't I make one in time?

substitute gallery owner for guitar player!
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:30 pm
just think... if shes got this list she'll never find someone to fit her criteria. shell be happy in the knowledge no one is good enough for her, and you can be happy shes not with some guy................
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:36 pm
Don't worry, guitar players are all sweet, sensitive guys who'll make sure to treat her right. Laughing

http://www.rockdetector.com/assets/img/covers/29641.jpg
0 Replies

DocGliss

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:34 am
Hi Squinney,

Ya never know how these things can work out. I took a girl out once and while I was waiting for her to get ready, her mom let me play her old Gibson acoustic guitar. I came home that night from the date and wrote the girl a cheesy but sincere love song.

Twenty-eight years later, both the young lady and the guitar share this house with me, and both are healthier and happier than ever, as am I.

And for the record, I have almost no hair and know only about a half dozen French words, but I can fry a mean egg and I'm not embarrassed to buy tampons. Wink
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 01:16 pm
u go doc!!
guitarists rock! there usually quite sensitive guys, i wouldnt worry about your daughter.
0 Replies

DocGliss

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 04:44 am
Thanks Angelina! There are always exceptions of course, but one thing seems to be generally true for guitar players and my athlete friends tell me it's true for athletes as well (and I guess most any field of endeavor): The amount of ego is often inversely proportional to the amount of talent.

Actually Squinney, in re-reading your daughter's list, that part about being a chef might not be such a bad idea. You see there's an old riddle that goes something like "Q: What's the difference in a guitar player and a certificate of deposit? A: Eventually a CD will mature and make money."
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 06:07 am
Hey, Doc. You might be right about the ego as a general rule. However, my Bear (again) seems to be the exception. He has the talent and the ego. That might be what is throwing our daughtr off in thinking guitar players are so great. She already knows how to handle the ego part.
0 Replies

DocGliss

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 10:10 pm
squinney wrote:
She already knows how to handle the ego part.

Good for her that she has learned that already! As I'm sure you well know, that's a necessary survival skill! :wink:
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 04:33 pm
my boyfriend is a talanted guitarist with an ego too, trouble is, i don't know how to handle it lol
0 Replies

lildorys

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 02:05 am
I personaly have a thing for guitarist myself. I like billy joe from green day. Damn he's fine! too bad he married and has kids and has no plans on getting divorced and is 19 years older than me. Damn it!!!!!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 07:45 am
I saw a long documentary on Green Day a few nights ago and was really impressed with Billy Joe's talent and his commitment to his marriage. Then again his wife was pretty remarkable too and although they'd hit some rough patches they seemed to be in for the long haul.
0 Replies

lildorys

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 06:35 pm
Yeah.It's sweet that he hasn't done her wrong or anything
0 Replies

Starling

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 05:19 pm
everyone knows that BASS players are where its at!

Sid Vicious ( sex pistols )
Nikki Sixx ( motley crue )
Gene Simmons... commong... THE TOUNGE ( KISS... like u didnt know that right?)
Eric Griffin... my personal favorite ( murderdolls )

I rest my case *heehee*
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 07:02 pm
Shocked

You can't say that here!!!

My sons a bass player, and if it's not bad enough that my daughter is oggling guitar players, I certainly don't need to think about girls oggling my son yet.

Oh, geez, I'm feeling old.

(Welcome to Able2know, Starling!)
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 03:50 pm
Mmmm have to agree with sozobe that bass players are the worst! Although somehow I still have a thing for them...

Oh and incidentally backtracking a few pages ... yeh my bass-player was (and still is for that matter) bi-polar too... hmmm
0 Replies