Uh-Oh Daughter Has "Thing" for Guitar Players!

squinney

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:38 pm
Stand-Up, maybe it depends on what kind of music is coming from the guitar. Might have to confer with Bear on how dangerous female guitar players might be. Laughing

msolga - The current guitar player is also the lead singer and songwriter. He wrote all of the songs on the site I linked to. He's very poetic, and much of it is full of heart. I'm pretty sure that is the romantic attraction on my daughters part. All that Romeo & Juliet poetry and sacrafice stuff.

The amazing thing to me is that these kids are only 13 -15. Did you hear that drummer??? He's only 13, hence his name (Mid-Mid) cause he's the only one still in middle school.

I don't know. She used to dream of marrying a chef so she wouldn't have to cook. I was pleased with that and told her we would happily have Christmas at her house every year. Now she's talking about how she can convince a guitar player to take Home Ec.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:41 pm
musicians don't take home ec..... Cool
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 06:31 am
squinney wrote:
msolga - The current guitar player is also the lead singer and songwriter. He wrote all of the songs on the site I linked to. He's very poetic, and much of it is full of heart. I'm pretty sure that is the romantic attraction on my daughters part. All that Romeo & Juliet poetry and sacrafice stuff.

He sounds a very thoughtful & bright boy, squinney. Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 07:44 am
Unfortunately, he is, msolga. And, he's really cute. It would be a lot easier to convince her to find someone else if this were not the case.

Hey!!! Wait justa minute. Are you tryin' to convince me this is okay?

NOOOOOO! Musicians are ... are... LOUD!

And, they travel, and do all kinds of things Mothers do not want to know about. I've heard the stories right from the donkeys mouth. (errr, I mean Bear. Not that Bears an... nevermind)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 09:50 am
squinney wrote:
And, they travel, and do all kinds of things Mothers do not want to know about. I've heard the stories right from the donkeys mouth. (errr, I mean Bear. Not that Bears an... nevermind)

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about......
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 10:44 am
I bet your mother's laughing Twisted Evil
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:36 am
squinney wrote:
Unfortunately, he is, msolga. And, he's really cute. It would be a lot easier to convince her to find someone else if this were not the case.

Hey!!! Wait justa minute. Are you tryin' to convince me this is okay?

And I strongly suspect your daughter's got a good head on her shoulders. (As well as good taste!) Hey, it probably will be OK! Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:38 am
Vivien, I do believe you have a point there.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:53 am
I have had problems in the past with parents of teenage girls I've dated. You see, I'm an accordian player -- once I start that accordian up I scan the young girls in the audience. Their knees buckle, they swoon, and their breath comes in labored gasps as they watch my magical fingers fly across the accordian keys.

Then with a nod of the head, I beckon them backstage. They are putty in my hands.

After accordian players, guitars players are the most likely to attract young ladies.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:55 am
thanks Gus, I needed that image before i curled up in bed ....well that and a good laugh...I can always count on you!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:05 am
She's young, squinney. we all wanted a rebel, let her have one while it's harmless. then at least she'll go for calmer creature with a stable career when she'll look to settle down. Or for an acordeon player. There is always that grave risk.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:14 am
I always thought that organ grinders got the most poon, what with their cute monkeys and ability to crank their shaft.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 08:19 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
musicians don't take home ec..... Cool

Hey, I did, when I was still playing music. I figured that a guitar player, singer/songwriter that could also cook was a shoo-in for hot dates. The only time things went awry was when I dated those girls who wanted to cook for me. So, being a perfect gentleman, I always accepted a dinner invitation. Sadly, it usually ended up with me saying something awkward, like "Ewww, did a cow **** on this plate?" That was usually the end...it was really only because I was shy. I know those women will always remember my final words to them as I was dragged out by the cops "I thought women liked honesty!"
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:39 am
Cav - you sound perfect for her. Do you have a son? Could you come up with one about 15, dark hair, blue eyes, sense of humor and not ADD or bi-polar? Oh, and she thinks it's adorable when boys cry. We need one that is cute when he cries. That just melts her heart. (I think that's some kinda sick thing she musta picked up from Bear)

She also tends to be too honest, but not that brazen about it. That response to dinner from a date would probably get a good laugh and agreement from her that it didn't turn out so well. Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:49 am
squinney wrote:
Cav - you sound perfect for her. Do you have a son? Could you come up with one about 15, dark hair, blue eyes, sense of humor and not ADD or bi0polar? Oh, and she thinks it's adorable when boys cry. We need one that is cute when he cries. That just melts her heart. (I think that's some kinda sick thing she musta picked up from Bear)

She also tends to be too honest, but not that brazen about it. That response to dinner from a date would probably get a good laugh and agreement from her that it didn't turn out so well. Very Happy

Laughing If I had a 15 year old son, I would have been a really young father. However, I can do some scouting, kidnap one, and train them to be just like me, well, except I don't have blue eyes. Incidentally, I was never ADD or bipolar until I learned these conditions actually existed. Wink In other words, I don't buy it. I do believe that the number of true ADD and bipolar cases, i.e. related to an inherent dysfunction of the brain, are relatively small in comparison to the number of kids and adults who end up medicated for the symptoms, but I digress.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 09:53 am
musicians....girls fall in love with us because of what we do......then divorce us...........because of what we do. Who's bi-polar here?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 10:57 am
Squinney, it stands to reason that she would be into guitar players/musicians because of her father. Most girls look for their daddies in their men, whether the relationship was good or not. What would be wierd is if she went for some straight-laced square. I'd be really scared for her then. Right Pops!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 11:01 am
eoe wrote:
Squinney, it stands to reason that she would be into guitar players/musicians because of her father. Most girls look for their daddies in their men, whether the relationship was good or not. What would be wierd is if she went for some straight-laced square. I'd be really scared for her then. Right Pops!

finally.....some love....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 12:01 pm
We all have our indescretions.

http://assets.in.gr/shop21/covers/eag192et.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 06:20 pm
I'm wondering what Bear and Squinney would do if their daughter came home with Elton John?

I guess I can see Elton John hanging around the Bear household, pounding away on his piano while Bear fixes the kitchen sink and Squinney sets a fresh baked apple pie on the windowsill.
0 Replies