Uh-Oh Daughter Has "Thing" for Guitar Players!

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 03:08 pm
Well, I guess it could have been crack heads, or hoodlums, or criminals! Laughing

But, guitar players?

She's doomed. Doomed, I tell ya! Why can't she listen to her mother? She knows what I've been through. She hears the same thing I do three times a week in the garage. SHE SHOULD KNOW!!!

Anyway, here's the latest little cutey she's picked out. He's a local and it sounds like they may go places if EMO has any staying pwoer.

Edit (Moderator): Link removed

Just click on a song on the right side of the page.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,277 • Replies: 82
No top replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 03:21 pm
Don't worry Squinney. It's probably just a phase. I went through that myself and found out that they are regular people just like everyone else.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 03:25 pm
yeah, well, i'll never shake a 'thingy' for guitar players either, i understand your daughter (and you) perfectly well.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:22 pm
Going for guitar players? She should learn better after her 3rd or 4th one. Good luck to her (oy!).
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:22 pm
Damn littlek, got a hankering for a 5th one?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:33 pm
personally I admire her taste in young men....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:33 pm
Quote:
a post hardcore/indie/emo

post hardcore. gotta love it.
sounds good.
anyone else listen to the music?

so squinney, what do you mean by "Uh oh daughter" ?
hehehehehe
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:39 pm
Bear and I met when I was the assistant manager of a waterbed store. He was hired by the manager in January. By March 31st I'd had enough of his "doggin" me and agreed to a date... April 1st.

It wasn't until we were married that he indicated he wanted to get back to his music. I bought him an acoustic guitar. he fiddled around with it here and there. That was kinda romantic.

TEN YEARS later I get whopped upside the head with brazin rock! OUCH!

I was innocent, really. I didn't know. But, daughter knows and still chooses to like guitar players. I just wish...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:42 pm
squinney wrote:
Bear and I met when I was the assistant manager of a waterbed store. He was hired by the manager in January. By March 31st I'd had enough of his "doggin" me and agreed to a date... April 1st.

It wasn't until we were married that he indicated he wanted to get back to his music. I bought him an acoustic guitar. he fiddled around with it here and there. That was kinda romantic.

TEN YEARS later I get whopped upside the head with brazin rock! OUCH!

I was innocent, really. I didn't know. But, daughter knows and still chooses to like guitar players. I just wish...

7:00 pm April 1st. 1st date began...Midnight April 2nd......in them panties!!!! 'She never had a chance......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:59 pm
I dunno, the guitar player thing kind of ran it's course.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:04 pm
Moved on to drummers, littlek? I hear they have better rhythm! Laughing
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:07 pm
Well, I play guitar as most of you know...i think. So me being a woman guitar player, should men be leary of me?(keeping in mind that we are only talking about the guitar thing) I just don't see what the big deal is. Sounds like the guy is a creative individual!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:27 pm
Drummers? Not yet <grin>. At this point, I'm just friends with musicians.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:29 pm
singers baby....we're the ones....better breath control...we don't have to come up for air as much.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:31 pm
I dunno, bear, seems like the singers had too much ego for me. But, then, no one has a bigger ego than the rat bastard guitar player I dated way back when.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:43 pm
Now, "singer/song writers", they're another kettle of fish! Deep, soulful & introspective. <sigh> Would THAT option be more suitable, squinney? :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:44 pm
littlek wrote:
I dunno, bear, seems like the singers had too much ego for me. But, then, no one has a bigger ego than the rat bastard guitar player I dated way back when.

as long as we've been intereacting together on one forum or another I really don't see how you can make that claim....I am a lead singer and I am, as you are well aware, the picture of humility....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:07 pm
Of course the generalizations don't always fit the individuals, BPB....

The first musician I dated wrote songs which he accompanied himself on as he sang them - the last musician I dated can play just about any instument, including his vocal cords.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:10 pm
I gave up dating musicians many years ago, but I'm still a sucker for a handsome guy with long hair :-D
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:32 pm
msolga wrote:
Now, "singer/song writers", they're another kettle of fish! Deep, soulful & introspective. <sigh> Would THAT option be more suitable, squinney? :wink:

I am a singer songwriter and squinney seems to be okay with the option.....no matter how much she complains...
0 Replies