US to test bombs in Australia

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 04:45 am
I don't think the yanks are thinking of testing nuclear bombs here.

Frankly, I would prefer NEVER to have to consider in any manner the breeding habits of the Downers....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:11 am
dlowan wrote:
I don't think the yanks are thinking of testing nuclear bombs here.

Do you think the original reports were inaccurate, or that they've changed their minds?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:30 am
Where do the reports say nuclear?

Bombs I read - not nuclear.

man, I hope I am right!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:34 am
Sorry, Deb, I misread your previous post ... I thought you were saying that there'd be no TESTS in Oz. Someone was saying there could be nuclear tests? No, I haven't heard that either.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 06:40 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
But we're worried about these folks detonating nuclear devices on Australian soil....

Quote:
The federal government has moved to re-list four terrorist organisations and warns that Jemaah Islamiah (JI) may step up its terror campaign with nuclear weapons.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said any organisation that targeted innocent people, such as JI had in the Bali bombings, was capable of using nuclear or other weapons of mass destruction to further their campaign.

source

Deb. How long have the Downers been interbreeding? Alexander seems to be the result of too many first cousins fancying each other....

Stilly seems to be suggesting it here.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 07:39 pm
I was just pointing out that when the JI plan to explode something nuclear it is an unwarranted, despicable act, BUT when our 'allies' want to - there appears to be no problem at all.

Now seeing that the last time such events took place on Australian soil it like contaminated huge tracts of the nation and poisoned Koories and soldiers, this being suppressed for 'security'. If it's so f*cking safe they can use the Channel Islands or Alaska.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:07 pm
... or Texas.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 10:47 pm
emmmm, Texas....
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 02:36 am
As Australian diplomatic advisor, I have done some research regarding this, and have recommended to the USA nucleur testing department that there are only two areas in which they can carry out this testing. These are Springvale in Melbourne and Cabramatta in Sydney.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:15 pm
Because of the high proportion immigrants in both those communities? Not funny, not remotely funny ......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:21 pm
Therefore best to ignore, I think.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:25 pm
I thought it was very amusing!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:27 pm
Good advice, Deb. But I felt the need to say that that comment was really OFF & totally unacceptable as humour, or anything else, for that matter ... Rolling Eyes
There, I've said it. End of story!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:30 pm
I understand - but, I begin to think that trolls, like terrorists, thrive on the oxygen of attention.

I just got my damn cats home!
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:33 pm
We have seperate opinions and they are at separate ends of the political spectrum.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:33 pm
And they're absolutely thrilled to be back? Did they miss you, Deb? :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:36 pm
Hmm - hard to say - they are happy to be home however.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:39 pm
Oh, good! Always like to see happy critters! Very Happy
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:45 pm
At least I agree with you lefties about the aboriginal problem. There should be a converted effort from the australian government to help solve the aboriginals problems rather than just throwing money at it and hoping it will go away.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 02:37 am
nice to hear Oscar and Miranda are back enjoying their home and mumZy! Twisted Evil
0 Replies