Did I an angel of God save me as a small boy 70 years ago?

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 05:47 am

A possible Account with an Angel of God as a child?

As a small school boy of six years of age I decided, to walk home, some 3 miles from school instead of using the bus.  I knew the route I chose to get home was not safe and my parents would not have known where I was or went if I got lost or hurt.

There was a small narrow gravel path winding through a thick plantation of trees. It was about a mile and a half long and when I was deep into the plantation I felt a presence behind me and  I looked back and saw a large man with an evil grin on his face.

I got really frightened and scared because in my heart I knew was he was out to hurt me, I could actually sense evil emanating from this man.

Now very scared I began to walk faster and faster to put as much distance between him and me. He being much larger than little me, easily kept up, the faster I walked to the faster he walked. Finally he closed the gap between the two of us, until he was right behind me, ready to snatch me for some evil purpose?

Suddenly, to my amazement, seemingly out of nowhere a very friendly man was walking at my side.

When I looked back I saw that when the large bad man was most likely like me,  shocked at the sudden appearance of this nice person. Who was bigger than him. He the evil man became very afraid I think, and began to slow down and back-off further and further until I could see him no more.

Then the "friendly smiling man", took a minute to look at me.  Before that moment in the plantation had had not said a word to me.

Only then did he begin to speak to me in a very stern manner, saying, “Joe (my nickname) "Never ever walk alone in this plantation again"" promise me that Joe" Before I could thank him for guiding me safely to the exit of the plantation he seemly vanished.   

After I had promised him I turned my head sideways to thank him, but he was gone, simply disappeared. I really believe now that he was an angel who had taken on the form of a man.

My frantic parents and aunt were searching all over for me and my Aunt Bessie told me later that she had finally found me at the exit out of the plantation at the narrow path.

After I told her the story she was convinced it was an angel from God. She remembered this event and often discussed it with me right into old age of 80 years of age just before her death in 2011.

I did not really comprehend the event properly then, but it remained engraved into my memory up to the moment of writing this account at the age of 73.

Do you feel that the friendly smiling person just a normal man or that he was an angel sent by God to save a little boy all those long years ago?

Now in my twilight years I am almost positive that the large bad man in the plantation that day was a sexual predator and serial killer.

However, Almighty God intervened because it was not my time to die and my life had as yet unknown purposes in my future.

As the years went by I came to accept that God had sent one of his great, beautiful angels to save me. I love Almighty God

Kind Regards Alan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,503 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 07:45 am
Remember that you were a six year old boy.

Perhaps there never was an "evil man" - only the accumulated fear of being in that forbidden path and being lost.

In any case, you got through all this OK.

Still, we don't forget fears - real or imagined - from when we are young.

The most important thing, I think, is the reaction from the adults around us. If they are comforting and supportive, we can get thru almost any tragedy.

Were the adults around you supportive and comforting - or hysterical and shaming? I remember not coming home from kindergarten once; I was in my friends basement watching his train. I came home and my parent's were hysterical and screaming. I got spanked and put to bed. I never knew what I had done or why they acted like that. A little girl who lived nearby had gotten raped the week before, but no one explained anything to me or expressed worry in a calm way. That was the first time I knew my parents were never going to be there for me. Other things happened in my life that confirmed that.

seac

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 01:15 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I think I have seen a spirit before too. It was a very tall man dressed in an old suit and he appeared in front of me as I was running from some thugs through a graveyard at 3AM in the morning. I had gotten off the night shift at the local cannery and was walking home. He said to me "what are you doing in here" but I just ran past him. Later in life, a spiritualist told me some spirits are taller than normal humans and maybe I did see one. It doesn't have to be an angel of god.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 12:19 am
@seac,
seac wrote:

I think I have seen a spirit before too. It was a very tall man dressed in an old suit and he appeared in front of me as I was running from some thugs through a graveyard at 3AM in the morning. I had gotten off the night shift at the local cannery and was walking home. He said to me "what are you doing in here" but I just ran past him. Later in life, a spiritualist told me some spirits are taller than normal humans and maybe I did see one. It doesn't have to be an angel of god.

What you saw was an Angel who are all much taller than humans some over 9 feet tall. Sometimes they look exactly like any normal human, but it is a disguise. I am serious the very tall man was your guardian angel not some fluffy spirit being.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 12:22 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Remember that you were a six year old boy.

Perhaps there never was an "evil man" - only the accumulated fear of being in that forbidden path and being lost.

In any case, you got through all this OK.

Still, we don't forget fears - real or imagined - from when we are young.

The most important thing, I think, is the reaction from the adults around us. If they are comforting and supportive, we can get thru almost any tragedy.

Were the adults around you supportive and comforting - or hysterical and
shaming? I remember not coming home from kindergarten once; I was in my friends basement watching his train. I came home and my parent's were hysterical and screaming. I got spanked and put to bed. I never knew what I had done or why they acted like that. A little girl who lived nearby had gotten raped the week before, but no one explained anything to me or expressed worry in a calm way. That was the first time I knew my parents were never going to be there for me. Other things happened in my life that confirmed that.

Strangely I cannot remember the emotions of my parents or aunt, but what happened on that narrow pathway over 70 years ago is still vividly imprinted into my memory
0 Replies

seac

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 12:01 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I do believe in spirits after hearing stories from people I know. A good friend told me of a strange person appearing at his side while he was working in a shop. This person would wear a particular colored clothes and was also seen by other workers in the same shop when they were working alone. It would disappear when you tried to turn to see him directly. It doesn't happen often, but it did scare people. Another person that I know had stories of a black shadow that would appear in his bedroom, not sure how it affected him mentally, but he ended up killing several people at his work place, and is now serving a life sentence. He is called the Xerox killer here.
seac

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 01:02 pm
@seac,
There is one other incident that I recall. It is about my dog Jason, who became very ill at 2 years and 2 months age. He was a very happy dog and I built him a maze under the house to play in. The vet said he couldn't save Jason because his kidney had failed, and we had to euthanize him. With the fatal injection, my last words to him was "go home, go home, downstairs, downstairs" which was my usual command to go to his play area at home. That night I played a video of him when he was a 4 month old puppy, in it my sister was calling him "Jason, Jason" and to my surprise the shutter door that he usually came through rattled loudly. He always rattled that door when he entered my home shop which was adjacent to his play area. It was the last time it rattled. I like to think he is still around in spirit, so I keep his ashes under my computer desk where he used to lay while at my side.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 03:05 pm
@seac,

Quote:
There is one other incident that I recall. It is about my dog Jason, who became very ill at 2 years and 2 months age. He was a very happy dog and I built him a maze under the house to play in. The vet said he couldn't save Jason because his kidney had failed, and we had to euthanize him. With the fatal injection, my last words to him was "go home, go home, downstairs, downstairs" which was my usual command to go to his play area at home. That night I played a video of him when he was a 4 month old puppy, in it my sister was calling him "Jason, Jason" and to my surprise the shutter door that he usually came through rattled loudly. He always rattled that door when he entered my home shop which was adjacent to his play area. It was the last time it rattled. I like to think he is still around in spirit, so I keep his ashes under my computer desk where he used to lay while at my side.

The afterlife or heaven is full of animals of all kind and Almighty God is keeping your lovely dog in heaven to meet you the moment you cross over. Take this example in Revelation Jesus comes back riding on a white horse, if there is no animals in heaven then how did Jesus find a beautiful horse to return to earth again.

0 Replies