cant access facebook account

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 12:10 pm
hi - i mainly use fb via ph0ne app and have had no problems. however when i tried to use it yesterday id been logged out and was asked to log back in. i did so using my password but FB said it didnt recognise that password and so i tried to reset it. FB kept emailing me a 6 digit passcode to eneter but didnt recognise any of them when i did - it then said i had tried too many times to log in and I had to wait. I waited 24 hrs and requested a new passcode - it keeps sending me the same one over and over again but still doesnt let me log on saying that i have tried too many times. I dont know how to get into my account - any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 775 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 03:18 pm
@hamsterhorror,
Try on a PC - phone apps can be wonky.
0 Replies

CMurray77

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 02:51 pm
I have came onto this forum with EXACTLY the same problem /process at pretty much the same time. And cannot access fb directly. It's all help 'topics'. Absolutely useless.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 04:00 pm
Try this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/132694786861712?helpref=related
Kenny Harrelson

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 10:59 am
@jespah,
I have the same problem as well! It happened on April 30th, 2017. I got logged out and then when I tried to log back in, Facebook said my e-mail address was not recognized by the system. Mistakenly, I thought that if I tried to create myself a new account using absolutely the same screen name, e-mail address and password, it would cause Facebook to recognize that that e-mail address was already in use and it wouldn't let me create the new account. WRONG! It created a new account with the same screen name, password and e-mail address. Now when I try to "deactivate" the new account and sign into my old account, it thinks I want to "reactivate" the new account and just takes me there! How do I get rid of this new account and get back to my old account which I've had for at least 8 years? This is frustrating, but it was Facebook that screwed up somehow and didn't recognize my e-mail address. I only have one single e-mail address and I've had it for 12 years or so. HELP!
0 Replies