N.Korea, Iran, What next?

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:53 am
I've been recently reading allot about north korea, and been reading about Iran.

Korea and Iran claim they need power, yet they say they also need weapons to defend themselves.

We're slowly moving into a world where power is greatly needed, a perfect example is computing demands, computers need power, and their uses are expanding rapidly, along with electronic goods.
They obviously NEED an upgraded and more robust power source, nuclear being the perfect solution, but are willing to make weapons as well.

Do you think a war will happen to stop this power struggle? "Rumors" that korea already have 4 to 6 weapons, and are receiving technology to deliver them to long distances...

It's kinda scary if ya think about it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 748 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 02:56 pm
Gee, and I thought power was economical and poltiical, but it's the big quest for nuclear computers.... ¡Cool, dude!
0 Replies

Phantasm

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 10:27 am
When I say power, I mean electricity.
0 Replies

Pyro-Osteon

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:59 pm
Correct. Also, from the point of view of north Korea, it is desirable to have nuclear weapons to deter war on the Korean peninsula and to defend their sovereignty. I believe they have this right. Even so, what the north Koreans really desire is the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula.

A war with Iran is my view inconceivable in the near future.
0 Replies

Phantasm

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:59 am
A war with Iran is less to think about, but N.Korea is not.
N.Korea have already said that a Nuclear holocaust with the US is guaranteed in the near future, and that their national goals are the complete and final destruction of the USA.
0 Replies

Pyro-Osteon

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 07:38 am
Phantasm wrote:
A war with Iran is less to think about, but N.Korea is not.
N.Korea have already said that a Nuclear holocaust with the US is guaranteed in the near future, and that their national goals are the complete and final destruction of the USA.
No they have not. On the contrary they have made it clear that their intention is the peace and the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula as a whole.
0 Replies

Phantasm

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 03:59 pm
"No they have not. On the contrary they have made it clear that their intention is the peace and the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula as a whole."

That is totally untrue, it was only in Janurary that Korean Generals were on Tv in a documentary stating that the national goal is the complete and final destruction of he USA, they were his exact words! Their worst enemy is the US, they hate the US more than they hate the south. You should look into it, they are only saying things about de-nuclearization because pressure is building up from all directions.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:42 am
firstly welcome to our just-hatched newbies Smile

I know little about this, but what i do know is one principle: Every country(also everyone) has own benefits.
0 Replies

Pyro-Osteon

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 03:26 am
Phantasm wrote:
"No they have not. On the contrary they have made it clear that their intention is the peace and the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula as a whole."

That is totally untrue, it was only in Janurary that Korean Generals were on Tv in a documentary stating that the national goal is the complete and final destruction of he USA, they were his exact words!

Now you are just lying. Such things are never said on DPRK television. I am very well acquainted with the DPRK. I have seen DPRK television, and I have been to the country.

Quote:
Their worst enemy is the US, they hate the US more than they hate the south.

They do not hate the south. But yes, they do hate the US imperialists.

Quote:
You should look into it, they are only saying things about de-nuclearization because pressure is building up from all directions.

No, I think you should look into. Your ignorance of the situation is appaling.
0 Replies