Will France follow Britain out of the EU?

Lash

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:04 am
"Emasculating remark" by LePen: No matter who wins the election, a woman will be running France. LePen or Merkel.

The night was a stinging array of searing insults. Did this one resonate more deeply?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/04/europe/france-election-bad-for-eu/index.html
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:10 am
@Lash,
Who cares?
Lash

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:17 am
@Olivier5,
It appears possibly just me. I'm fascinated by the current political trends.

Certainly, those who don't care are invited not to respond. That would be legitimate proof they, indeed, do not care.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 11:34 am
@Lash,
Now that you're asking, it didn't bite on me much, although I made a note of the viciousness of the attack. Here was a woman trying to ridicule a man who happens to be a fairly decent, modern and equality-minded man in his relations with women, saying he'll be a nice little boy to mommy Merkel, and thus implicitly casting a faithful husband to a woman 20 years older than him, a defender of feminist causes, etc. as submissive to women...

The main reason it didn't bite was that it came after a long grueling exchange of previous insults. Le Pen's ad hominem ad aeternam, if I may crack a Latin joke, gets old. She's applying to a bigger job than chief hatemonger. So when the 1869th insult come your way, you're kinda dulled a bit already and it doesn't bite anymore.

Plus I prefer Merkel to Le Pen by far, personally... So it doesn't even resonate much at a basic ethnic (nationalistic) level.
Lash

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 12:41 pm
@Olivier5,
Thank you. I love to get perspectives from stakeholders with a ringside seat. I appreciate your opinion.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 12:58 pm
@Lash,
You're welcome.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 09:36 pm
Something is brewing in France.

Watch it Sunday.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2017/05/emmanuel-macron-hacking-email-leak-france
Olivier5

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 12:56 am
@Lash,
Le Pen is suffering in the polls after her mean-spirited debate: 37% vs 63% for Macron. She rose to 41% before the debate.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 12:59 am
@Lash,
Putin sucks French dicks.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 02:08 am
A frantic struggle appears underway on 4chan, twitter, youtube and co to flame Macron using the hack. #MacronLeaks is trending.

They'll find nothing because there's nothing to find. En Marche! is a vibrant, open and new community, not an old secretive clique like the DNC. And even if one assumes the Russian rumor mill is onto something (that Macron is gay, that he has an off-shore account in the Bahamas, that he is a shemale from Mars...), he's not going to discuss tax evasion, his sexual orientation or his marsian origins in emails to his followers.

It's also too late in the game to be effective. The vote is tomorrow.
Lash

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 02:15 am
@Olivier5,
This story was trending furiously for a few hours, I noticed. Great timing.

Olivier5

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 02:19 am
@Lash,
Great timing to trend on twitter. Too late to influence the election though.
Lash

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 02:53 am
@Olivier5,
I really love the French blackout of news and exit polling on election days. But, it was widely reported the hacking info was made public before that black out.

It could have the reverse of the intended affect, but it was publicized.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 05:06 am
@Lash,
Yes, En Marche has announced that they were victim of a massive hack. That's the story so far, and it can only benefit Macron. Being hacked is not a crime. I've been hacked, you've been hacked, everybody has been hacked... and then some of Le Pen's supporters are nationalist. That their candidate appears like Moscow's puppet must bother them, if only a little.
Lash

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 06:01 am
@Olivier5,
It could benefit LePen. The info shared in the hack made it look like Macron had some shady bankster fraud in his past--and that type of activity is why LePen is currently on the ballot.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 06:06 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
The info shared in the hack made it look like Macron had some shady bankster fraud in his past

I don't think so.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 12:23 pm
Le Point/Ipsos: Emmanuel Macron 65,5 % vs. Marine Le Pen 34,5 %.

Haters and hackers lost. France won.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 12:25 pm
Seems like a positive to me.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
No kidding.
lmur

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 12:52 pm
@Olivier5,
It seems Trump's election may have alerted the rest of the civilised world to the dangers of unthinking democracy. Once more, thanks America!

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 10:35:02