Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:11 pm
Well, for the first time in my life, I bought a bare root rose and sunk it into the ground in my back yard yesterday. Soaked the root for about two hours in water, and filled the hole with potting soil. Filled it with water, and did it again today. What more needs to be done besides watering it for the next 7 to 10 days? c.i.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,341 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:13 pm
nothing as far as establishing it. Can't believe you're planting <waaaah!>. I think some roses are susceptable to aphids and leaf mold. What kind of rose is it? Wild? Cultivated? Got a name?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:15 pm
It's called "Lady X." What else? ha, ha, ha..... c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:17 pm
It's a white rose. I have stuff for aphids and leaf molds, but I'm supposed to wait until the first buds start to show - aren't I? c.i.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:35 pm
I wouldn't go spraying until I saw some evidence, but I'd be looking carefully every few days.... I'll see what I can find.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:45 pm
Not having a lot of luck in my searching tonight. Maybe I'm too tired. I found one good mention of Lady X, but it says it's a pale mauve color. Anyway, it indicated up-right growth which means (to me) that you'll need to prune it yearly - maybe more than once a year. Hopefully a rose expert will weigh in here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:48 pm
If worse comes to worse, I can always find a local nursery that can answer any question. Thanks for your efforts. c.i.
0 Replies