Who will replace Sean Sphincter?

snood

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:45 am
I have my favorite, but she has a lot of competition for my choice as Spicer's replacement. Foremost on the list of qualifications to be my favorite is a little trait I like to call 'most likely to have a huge on-air meltdown'. Here are some possibles:

Katrina Pierson
She who wields the bullet laced necklace. A consummate sold out sycophant for Trump who will say anything and defend anything with the flair of the dedicated nut. My favorite!

Kellyanne Conway
Probably not in the running because she's already burned up whatever credibility she had with obvious lies and bumbling. But wouldn't it be delicious to see her just keep beaming that rigor mortis smile through all the obfuscations, deflections and denials?

Steven Miller
A vacuous 'true believer' who is willing to proclaim Trump's absolute authority and autonomy in any circumstance. He has a sort of hypnotized, Stepford spokesperson quality that would make for high entertainment as press secretary.

Boris Epshteyn
This guy will also say and defend anything for Trump. He, like Katrina was very visible -almost a daily fixture in the media - and then got vanished after the election. But his spittle-laced diatribes would make for must-see press conferences.

There are other possibilities I could think of, but these are the four I would enjoy as much or more than Spinny Spice. Not that he necessarily will, but who do you think would replace Spicer if he was to get the boot?

blatham

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:58 am
bookmark
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:28 am
I think there's zero chance Ari Fleisher would take the job but as a matter of personality and skills, he'd do the job most effectively. To be clear, that's because he verges on having the values of a sociopath.
snood

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:37 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I think there's zero chance Ari Fleisher would take the job but as a matter of personality and skills, he'd do the job most effectively. To be clear, that's because he verges on having the values of a sociopath.

lol Egg-zactly
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:38 am
@snood,
Kid Rock!
https://i.imgur.com/FcZUQuN.jpg
rosborne979

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:38 am
@snood,
How about Chuck Norris, I think he would be a lot of fun at a press conference.
revelette1

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:42 am
Clint Eastwood? He could even bring a chair to sit on if he gets tired of standing.

Seriously though, I never paid enough attention to most of those folks enough to remember their names or faces.

I do wish they would find someone who would bring a little balance to WH briefing room.
snood

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:43 am
@rosborne979,
Might be entertaining...if Chuck is still cogent enough to come up with an answer to all those questions. Wouldn't be much fun to see a 77 year old ex-action star just stand there looking baffled.
snood

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:44 am
@revelette1,
Expand on how you mean balance.
blatham

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:46 am
I suppose one could send around a questionnaire to potential candidates and ask them if they would be comfortable describing the mass graves of First Nations people who were killed in battles with the US cavalry as "composting centers".
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:53 am
@tsarstepan,
Good one. But really, do you know of Someone with even a negligible chance of being selected?
rosborne979

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:22 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Wouldn't be much fun to see a 77 year old ex-action star just stand there looking baffled.

But it would be consistent with what's happening behind the scenes as well Wink
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:50 am
@snood,
A few weeks ago I was reading a lot about the way reporters gets selected to ask questions. I'll try to look it up. Something about Spicer even bringing in Skype which would be highly selective.

My point is though it would be better if reporters are selected according to their talents as reporters rather than if they are known to critical or favorable of whoever happens to President at the time.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:11 am
Maybe Spicer is going to step down on his own?

Quote:
Spicer: 'I let the president down'

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Wednesday said he let President Trump down by saying Nazi leader Adolf Hitler did not use chemical weapons during World War II.

Spicer said his remark, which he said was meant to shame Syrian leader Bashar Assad for a deadly gas attack, distracted from Trump's decision to respond with a cruise missile strike and his successful meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

"Your job as a spokesperson is to help amplify the president's actions and accomplishments," a subdued Spicer told interviewer Greta Van Susteren at a Newseum event examining the press in Trump's first 100 days.

"When you're distracting from that message of accomplishment, and your job is to be the exact opposite, on a professional level it's disappointing because I think I've let the president down. On both a personal level and a professional level, that will not go down as a very good day in my history," he added.

The Hill
glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:21 am
@revelette1,
Sarah Palin: How about it folks, she doesn't read newspapers, books or the directions on prescription bottles. She slept thru history, but she can do some fancy pageant walking. Sarah would make us laugh instead of groan........well, on second thought, she would make us groan, you betcha.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:26 am
I should have thought of Palin, GB. That's dead perfect.

Here's Brian Beutler
Quote:
Sean Spicer Is the Perfectly Awful Spokesman That Donald Trump Deserves
The president often says stupid, impulsive, indefensible things. Why shouldn't his press secretary do the same?
New Republic
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:42 am
Man, Spicer is really laying it on thick. He's on a public Mea Culpa tour, self-flagellating and mewling about how woe-is-me sorry he is. Give me a freakin break!

About Palin - she would definitely give the 'non-answer answers' her Caribou Barbie charm, but I think she probably knows less than dick about real issues. Spicer knows at least dick about the issues. Palin? less than dick.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:57 am
@snood,
Well, what about Jack Kingston? Former Congressman from Georgia with the coat hanger smile. He's fantastic when it comes to fantastical theories and excels at diversion all with that bog toothy grin.
blatham

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:30 am
Thought this would be relevant here
Quote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—An overwhelming majority of Americans say that their lives have improved since Kellyanne Conway went away, a new poll finds.

According to the poll, Americans have been sleeping more, eating better, and enjoying a markedly greater sense of well-being following Conway’s sudden departure.

“I had lost my zest for life,” Carol Foyler, a poll respondent, said. “Now that Kellyanne Conway is gone, I greet every day with a smile, I feel my energy coming back, and I want to have sex again.

NYer
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 11:31 am
@glitterbag,
Yeah, Kingston might be good. He drives me absolutely crazy when I see him on CNN because they grant him way too much credence when he spouts off absurd things. But trapped up there behind the podium as press secretary for an hour or so, he might provide some good comedy relief.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Who will replace Sean Sphincter?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:44:06