Zinga

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 12:27 pm
I'm a substitute at high and middle school. I'm a white mid-thirties female. The only students I constantly have a problem with are at the black students. I teach a wide array of students. Specifically the black females have the biggest attitudes and show the most disrespect. But so do some of the black males. They are also very loud.Not every and not all but the majority act this way.Why is this? I'm in the classroom and from the start they give me a hard time .any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,139 • Replies: 2
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 12:30 pm
@Zinga,
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 12:34 pm
@Zinga,
Zinga wrote:

I'm a substitute at high and middle school. I'm a white mid-thirties female. The only students I constantly have a problem with are at the black students. I teach a wide array of students. Specifically the black females have the biggest attitudes and show the most disrespect. But so do some of the black males. They are also very loud.Not every and not all but the majority act this way.Why is this? I'm in the classroom and from the start they give me a hard time .any suggestions?

They are pushing for more, testing their boundary. The only way they will respect you is to be more firm with them. Threat of punishment won't work. Instead you have to give them an incentive to be cooperative.

As a sub they feel you pose no threat to their grades. You are not their main teacher so they have lower respect for you as a sub.

0 Replies