Did you V O T E ?

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 08:55 am
Did you vote ?
What was your experience at the polls?
I have heard people say that they have not had to show ID, or facing extremely long lines.. etc..

What happened for you?
What was your take on the experience?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,250 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 08:59 am
I voted absentee, from the privacy of my house. A few days later, I called the Commissioners of Elections to determine whether they received my ballot. They did. It was a pleasure. Standing on line for a flu shot was one time too many for me.

I think that I will vote absentee from now on!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:05 am
That is what I have been doing for the last 10 years. My first visit to the polls I was maybe.. 21? 22? Im not sure.. but ALL I HEARD in line was republicans are this.... Democrats are that... it was like a looooonnng mud slinging commercial. I hated it .
I have yet to jump in line again. I love the option of voting from my home. Im glad it is available !
:-)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:06 am
Going in an hour or so.

I've always had to have ID. I may get the run around, because I've moved since my last vote. I may have to cross town to my previous precinct.

No matter. I'll do what I have to do.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:07 am
i voted twice today Smile
(at the poll and here)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:08 am
I was # 143 in line and that was forty five minutes after the polls opened. Small towns have their advantages. Everyone knows everyone.

Oh, hi, Gus. 'Bout time you showed up
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:08 am
I chose not to vote today, but only because I'm Canadian.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:10 am
Gus- I am shocked. Ya mean that they let you vote? Next they will be giving serial killers and 6 year olds the vote. Whatever is this country coming to! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:18 am
cavfancier wrote:
I chose not to vote today, but only because I'm Canadian.

How un-american of you CAV!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:20 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Gus- I am shocked. Ya mean that they let you vote? Next they will be giving serial killers and 6 year olds the vote. Whatever is this country coming to! :wink: Laughing

Are you saying you DIDNT know Gus IS a 6yr old serial killer? I mean.. how do you think he got through the line so quick? Laughing Shocked
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:23 am
Kucinich got all 3 of my votes this morning, I may vote again this afternoon.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:25 am
I voted to throw the rascals out. But I've been doing it for years to no good effect. There seems to be an endless supply.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:35 am
I'm just back from the polls.

Turnout is fantastic. The line snaked out of the municiple building and zig-zagged across the parking lot. There was a wait of 25 minutes and the Election Officers told me that it had been this was since the polls opened at 7 a.m.

The crowd was American. There were first time voters of 18 and first time voters of 67. Mid-morning voters included a lot of retired people and young mothers and a few unemployed young men.

The skies were cloudy and the mood was cheerful.

Seeing the turnout convinced me that whatever the outcome, democracy still works. My bad leg aches, but the wait was worth it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:48 am
I voted early last week. Showed up early in the a.m., and waited about 5 minutes. It's the only way to fly.
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:50 am
Took all of 5 minutes
showed my ID, got my punchcard ballot (first time I've used one of those - you would have to have muscles of jello, be blind, and illiterate to be unable work those things, BTW), voted, said "Hello" to a few neighbors and left. Took 5 minutes, max. I LOVE living in a rural area!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:50 am
Noddy24 wrote:
The crowd was American.

I certainly hope so. We wouldn't want any of those sneaky Canadians coming over here and trying to vote.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 09:53 am
Forgot to mention I did not need to show ID. Told them my name and address, and because I had voted before, they didn't need ID. ID is needed if you haven't voted before.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 10:32 am
Been there, done that.

The poll had been open since 7 and I was the 207th person to cast a ballot.

No troubles of any sort.

I did what I had to, now it's up to the rest of them.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 10:45 am
I was in and out in minutes. Didn't need to show an ID. I was disapointed to see an admendment defining a marriage. I know how that will go in Kentucky. Hopefully it will be overlooked as it was way down there in the corner. I talked to my husband and he didn't even see so maybe a lot of people will miss it. Most people just see the President Ticket and either push straight democrat or republican.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 11:03 am
No line, no ID, voted touch screen. The lack of ID bugs me, I may go back and try to vote again as one of my neighbors who recently died. Very Happy

There was also a guy standing sort of in line but he wasn't voting, have no idea what he was doing. An over the shoulder pollster perhaps? He bugged me, I let him know about it.
0 Replies