This is very nice.

paulaj

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 08:50 pm
I thought I would share this, a friend sent it to me a while ago.

A Letter from God about women

When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into
being. When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into
his nostrils. But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the
breath of life into man because your nostrils are too delicate.

I allowed a deep sleep to come over him so I could patiently
and perfectly fashion you.

Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with
the creativity.

From one bone, I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects
man's life.

I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports
him, as you are meant to do.

Around this one bone, I shaped you.... I modeled you.

I created you perfectly and beautifully.

Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile.

You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart.

His heart is the center of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life.

The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage
to the heart. Support man as the rib cage supports the body.

You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken
from his head, to be above him.

You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close
to his side.

You are my perfect angel.....You are my beautiful little girl.

You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence, and my eyes fill
when I see the virtues in your heart.

Your eyes......don't change them.

Your lips-how lovely when they part in prayer.

Your nose, so perfect in form.

Your hands so gentle to touch

I've caressed your face in your deepest sleep.

I've held your heart close to mine.

Of all that lives and breathes, you are most like me.

Adam walked with me in the cool of the day, yet he was lonely.

He could not see me or touch me. He could only feel me.

So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me,
I fashioned in you; my holiness, my strength, my purity, my love,
my protection and support..

You are special because you are an extension of me.

Man represents my image, woman my emotions. Together, you represent
the totality of God.

So man......treat women well. Love her, respect her, for she is fragile.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 682 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Terry

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:18 am
Sorry, but I do not think it is at all nice to perpetuate the myths that have been so damaging to women for the last few millennia.

Woman was not created from man's rib or any other part of him. Male and female evolved together, both are strong in their own way and neither has any right to dominion over the other.

Women have been raised to believe that they must protect the fragile male ego at all costs, but how many men have ever considered that women even have egos? Many religions encourage them to value pretty, dumb, submissive women who will cater to their every whim and never threaten their belief in masculine superiority.

A letter from God to women:

I have tasked you with protecting the hearts of men without regard to your own self-esteem when they are insensitive and insulting. They will treat you like servants, deny you the right to participate in your own government, legally bar you from owning property or making contracts, and refuse to admit you to colleges or allow you to choose a career. My Holy Word justifies their right to do so.

I have designed their minds and hearts to stray to other women. Their infidelities will be forgiven with winks and admiration for their virility. However, if you are unfaithful you will be ostracized by the community. And beware of spurning a man's "love" for if he cannot possess you, he may stalk and murder you.

I have infused them with strength and violent tempers that they may beat you and your children with impunity. I will not protect you, and you may not divorce them since matrimony is holy to me.

I have made your body a perfect instrument of suffering. You will have pointless pain and bleeding every month, whether or not you desire children. I will not change the perfect design of your pelvis to accommodate the larger head size of your babies, so millions of you will labor fruitlessly and die in childbirth.

You will have no control over your body. Men may rape you, impregnate you, and legally enslave you in accordance with my Holy Word. You are too delicate, fragile and ignorant to have any say over your own life.

Adam asked me to make your face and features perfect, but I was too busy so I told him to just withhold approval from you unless you painted your face, sculpted your hair, starved your body, and enhanced your breasts (which I designed to be a perfect medium for growing malignant tumors).

I have designed your eyes to lose focus, your nose to require plastic surgery, your hands to become wrinkled and arthritic, and your heart to be lonely when you outlive your mate by 20 years.

Women are meant to be nameless and voiceless in my holy plan, and exist only for the purpose of supporting the men I designed in my image. Man is only required to work from sun to sun, Monday to Friday, with paid vacation and holidays but a woman is expected to work 24/7. You must be a supermom, housekeeper, career woman, and never fail to be perfectly beautiful and accommodating (and have dinner on the table) when he gets home from a hard day at a real job.

Mission: Impossible
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 03:31 pm
By the time the Lord made woman, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An angel appeared and said, "Why are you spending so much time on this one?"

And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable and able to run on diet coke and leftovers, have a lap that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart-and she will do everything with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements. "Only two hands!? No way! And that's just on the standard model? That's too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish." But I won't," the Lord protested. "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick AND can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman. "But you have made her so soft, Lord." "She is soft," the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel. The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something, and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one." "That's not a leak," the Lord corrected, "that's a tear!" "What's the tear for?" the angel asked. The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride."

The angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything! Woman is truly amazing."

And she is! Women have strengths that amaze men. They bear hardships and they carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous. They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to injustice. They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution. They go without so their family can have. They go to the doctor with a frightened friend. They love unconditionally. They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards. They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding. Their hearts break when a friend dies.. They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left. They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you. The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning. They bring joy, hope and love. They have compassion and ideals. They give moral support to their family and friends. Women have vital things to say and everything to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN, IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.
0 Replies