How do I replace an Illinois state ID from Arizona? (please help me)

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 01:57 pm
I'm an 18yo student going to college in Tempe, Arizona, but I'm from Carpentersville, Illinois, and recently I lost my Illinois state ID while flying between Chicago and Phoenix (I don't have a driver's license or passport, which is a long story in itself, so I have the generic ID instead). The website for the DMV where I got the ID says I have to get a new one in person, but of course the DMV is in Illinois and I'm in Arizona. I need a valid ID to fly home in two months - not to mention for regular, everyday stuff in the meantime - so I'm really concerned I won't be able to replace it.

Does anyone know if there's somebody I could contact with this problem? Is there any way to get an Illinois ID from out of state? Is there anything else that could be used as valid ID (I still have my social security card, my credit card, my student ID card, my insurance card, etc)? Is there any kind of valid ID I could get from an Arizona DMV without being a permanent resident there? What can I do? Thank you very much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,063 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 02:16 pm
@what the spoot,
The best thing to do is apply for Arizona ID. You can still use it back in Illinois if you are worried about wasting money.

Take a piece of US certified mail with your current Arizona's address with your name on it. Make sure it is NOT junk mail. It needs to be legit mail like college information letter, library response, a bill like phone, electric, or state sent bill. Having multiple of these is better to prove your address.

Get the Arizona ID then you'll be able to fly home and once there the DMV in Illinois may discount a new Illinois ID.
what the spoot

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2017 03:28 pm
@Krumple,
Thank you!
0 Replies