Journey of Souls

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 06:37 pm
I'm curious if anyone here besides myself has read this book. Although I'm hesitant to accept everything in the book as fact, it's scientific approach and logical sense have really shaped my spiritual beliefs.

Anyone have input on this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 651 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 07:56 pm
I haven't read the book. My late father had a near-death experience/ out of body experience during a TIA (mini-stroke) and ever-after he was a changed man, much more relaxed in attitude and who afterwards expressed that experience had "cured" him of any worries about death.
0 Replies

sobriquet

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 08:04 pm
well i think many would be compelled to write it off as junk science at first glance, however, the power of hypnosis is astounding. and when people from all walks of life give the same detailed account of what happens after death, it kinda makes you wonder if there's something to think about here.

For those who don't know, Journey of Souls is a collection of case studies compiled by Dr Michael Newton, in which he regresses subjects under deep hypnosis to the point of death in a previous life, and has them chronicle what happens thereafter. The similarities between the case studies are just too amazing to be coincidence.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 08:24 pm
Though I am sympathetic with the ideas, Sobriquet, it is impossible for me to become a believer and I think a mistake for anyone else to do so either, based only on the hypnotic regressions as recounted by the person who recounts them. As I said, I haven't read the book, but it is fairly well-known that it is possible and even easy for suggestions to be introduced into the events. Sad, but true.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 08:31 pm
Sobriquet :

I am very interested in Spiritual belliefs . I will try to buy the book this week end .

I wll contact you later.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

sobriquet

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:09 pm
Piffka wrote:
As I said, I haven't read the book, but it is fairly well-known that it is possible and even easy for suggestions to be introduced into the events. Sad, but true.

Yeah, i sensed a bit of that myself in the book. Although it's not to the extent that he's telling them, there seems to be a bit of leading in the conversation, although he attributes this to the subjects being 'stubborn and hesitant' and they must be led.

Who knows for sure...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:35 am
Another book that, for me, better recounted the continuation of the personality was Old Souls. The conclusion is that no one can yet know, but some of the facts are compelling.

Also you may be interested in this website:
Children's Past Lives

and in the University of Virginia's Division of Personality Studies:
website here.

both of which are closely related to Dr. Ian Stevenson, who was the scientific investigator.
0 Replies

sobriquet

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 05:58 pm
thanks for the links. that first one proved interesting, and ties in well with what Journey of Souls speaks of.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 06:17 pm
I would encourage you to look at the second link as well... both "Advice to Parents" and "Hypnotic Regression" provides some cautionary information.
0 Replies