What fashion item do you wish would just go out of style?

saab

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 06:46 am
@McGentrix,
AHA, ....when you wish the person would were something else, like wellfitting pants.
ehBeth

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 07:34 am
@saab,
but not yoga pants over size 12

Laughing
saab

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 07:40 am
@ehBeth,
I had to look up pictures of yoga pants - Shocked shocking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 07:48 am
I'd like to see the end of Fluevog's. They're a big trend in my circle. Cute enough but nobody walks well in them.

clump
clunk
clump
trip
clunk

I don't think those things fit anyone properly.
Gridfamiliar

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:06 am
@Photography Lover,
Lose pants and shirts that make any individual look like a hip-hop.
djjd62

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:07 am
@Gridfamiliar,
Gridfamiliar wrote:
individual look like a hip-hop.

a rabbit?
0 Replies

saab

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:09 am
@ehBeth,
Another word I had to look up.
They have an ugly shape, but I like the colours.
ehBeth

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:15 am
@saab,
They are beautifully made shoes - wonderful leathers - great colours. A few designs are nice but ooph the walk.
ehBeth

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:19 am
My favourite yoga pants lululemon fold forwards

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=134034813

the best part of lulu's is their sizing. If you're really a 16, you wear a lulu 12 Laughing

I'm a lulu 8 now, so I'm safe from McG's scorn.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 08:21 am
Clothes. All of them.
saab

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 09:17 am
@Olivier5,
Not if you have to live in Scandinavia during the winter - then you sometimes wish you were a sheep.
0 Replies

Photography Lover

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 02:58 pm
@saab,
I have noticed that well fitted pants are liked on both men and women these days. Women like well fitted pants.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:19 pm
@saab,
I don't know either, re what are mom pants.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I have high arches and not horrible feet, but I stopped wearing heels over, say, 3 inches, back in my twenties, usually less. I don't like pain. That one photo back there with shoes with seeming 5" heels kills me just to look at. Ah, well, feet differ. I can see the shoes as a kind of sculpture, but a poor idea for actual human use, unless maybe as a hammer or a way to unclog a drain.
saab

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:48 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I donĀ“t wear high heels either any more. Luckily I have found one brand of shoes that are very comfortable and still look smart and elegant.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 03:59 pm
On mom pants - I probably have some, whatever they are. In my most intense years of interest in painting, I could have a dozen pairs of jeans, since I tended, once in a while, to wipe my hands or brush on the jeans, ever so handy. I've also varied in weight, off and on. Never in the obese category, but on my way there (especially when I worked a lot of hours and was up almost to sunrise on homework). Life would change, a kind of normality would happen, and though you wouldn't call me thin, the chub went away. And so on, as time went by.

Today, I have thin jeans, medium thinnish jeans, and an old pair of baggy jeans. My biggest conundrum is what to do about my wonderful green sweat pants. I've probably gotten shorter while getting older, and also have my weight in the preferred category. So, the damn pants are too long, and though I know how to sew, I'm not interested in sewing these days.
But I hate to attack with a scissors.

I'll figure something out, some kind of clips.....
or maybe giant safety pins.

Re style, I don't care if you don't like my baggy jeans.
Fil Albuquerque

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:00 pm
@Photography Lover,
All.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 04:03 pm
On mom pants - I probably have some, whatever they are. In my most intense years of interest in painting, I could have a dozen pairs of jeans, since I tended, once in a while, to wipe my hands or brush on the jeans, ever so handy. I've also varied in weight, off and on. Never in the obese category, but close (especially when I worked a lot of hours and was up almost to sunrise on homework). Life would change, a kind of normality would happen, and though you wouldn't call me thin, the chub went away. And so on, as time went by.

Today, I have thin jeans, medium thinnish jeans, and an old pair of baggy jeans. My biggest conundrum is what to do about my wonderful green sweat pants. I've probably gotten shorter while getting older, and also have my weight in the preferred category, a bit ironic. So, the damn pants are too long, and though I know how to sew, I'm not interested in sewing these days.
But I hate to attack with a scissors.

I'll figure something out, some kind of clips.....
or maybe giant safety pins. Or old earrings.. on the safety pins.

Re style, I don't care if you don't like my baggy jeans.
glitterbag

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 07:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I don't like the skimpy dress suits worn by male celebrities. The jackets are too short, too tight in the shoulders and sleeves. Tapered would be good, but this current crop look like men are wearing their younger brother's suits....
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 17 Mar, 2017 10:23 pm
@saab,
I was beaten to the punch.

Yeah they wear too high and are a little baggy. But they are also bulky since they have big deep pockets which most women pants don't have so they look less bulky.
0 Replies