Have you ever had people in your life that you trusted and then lost all ability to trust them?

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 03:14 pm
I am meaning you trusted them but then after a while you lost all trust for them because of some things they said or did.

I am feeling this way now with a woman that seems to think physical violence is ok if it is a man doing it to a woman.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,796 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 03:16 pm
@Photography Lover,
Yup.
In one case it completely dissolved all connections we'd had.
Photography Lover

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 03:19 pm
@Sturgis,
I have, I made friends with this woman but it seems she thinks women physically assaulting men is fine. I don't consider physical violence on anyone fine.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 03:23 pm
@Photography Lover,
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Fortunately, not everybody is like that.
Photography Lover

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 03:28 pm
@Sturgis,
Yeah, she posted this video of women physically abusing men and put "Girl Power!" on it. She has posted other things as well so it has made me think negative thoughts about the woman.
0 Replies

Miha37

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 04:22 pm
Hi,please I need help,I can't open my Facebook
0 Replies

Photography Lover

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 04:43 pm
@Photography Lover,
Typo: I mean this woman thinks it is ok for women to physically abuse men.
vikorr

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:37 pm
@Photography Lover,
There's quite a bit of apathy about women's violence towards men. Many people even think it's funny - they did a social experiment in Britain on it. I had a short thread going on this topic.
https://able2know.org/topic/327390-1#post-6202284
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 03:42 am
@Photography Lover,
You know the answer yourself. Violence, and any unwanted touching is wrong, regardless of who the perpetrator is. Female on male violence is not as widespread as male on female violence, but it still exists and can be every bit as serious especially as the victims are less likely to come forward.

You don't need this destructive individual in your life.
Photography Lover

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 03:56 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, well I know a woman that works in the industry helping men that have been victims of violence as a result of women being the violent ones and she said only 1 in 10 men report it. So if you read any figures on the number of violence to men I guess you need to times it by 10. Women are actually a lot more violent to men than we like to admit in society.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 04:03 am
@Photography Lover,
That's true, but there are a lot of sad men who like to exaggerate it too. There's a whole bunch on A2K who try to redefine rape and make out that men are more likely to be the victims of domestic violence.

Women are still more likely to be victims of domestic violence than men, but that doesn't mean that violence towards men doesn't exist and is unreported.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who wish to manipulate facts to push their own twisted agendas. All violence is wrong regardless of gender.
Photography Lover

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 04:19 am
@izzythepush,
I have only been on this site since about yesterday. Rape is never fine ever. As for domestic violence I agree in a lot of countries women are more likely to be the victims but I have seen statistics from some countries where it is actually the other way around form places like Harvard. However, that gap is closing as women are getting closer to men with the numbers doing it. Last time I checked which was a few years ago domestic violence in the UK was 60% done by men and 40% done by women.

I do however think that women that do it should get in just as much trouble as men that do.

Most people try to manipulate facts to push their twisted agendas both men and women are guilty of that.

I think we need to care about both men and women in society to be honest not just women and not just men but both.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 04:34 am
@Photography Lover,
Photography Lover wrote:
Last time I checked which was a few years ago domestic violence in the UK was 60% done by men and 40% done by women.

I live in the UK and that doesn't sound right to me. It's not just male domestic violence that's under reported it's female too. That sounds like someone has been cooking the books.
Photography Lover

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 04:47 am
@izzythepush,
Well, yes I know domestic violence to women is underreported but according to statistics it is true that 40% of cases are men on the receiving end. Anyway, we should care when it happens to both genders.
Photography Lover

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 05:24 am
@izzythepush,
Actually according to the statistics I read said more than 40% of the domestic abuse victims in the UK are men.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 09:46 am
@Photography Lover,
What statistics, generated by whom, what sample did they take? lies, damn lies and statistics.

You can't just say something and expect it to be taken at face value, you need to back it up with proof. Give a link to your source at least
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2017 09:55 am
@Photography Lover,
Have I ever ever never. Mad
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2017 11:22 pm
@izzythepush,
It probably came from this report:Home Office Statistical Bulletin There's been a fair bit of reporting on that 40% figure, and they refer to a Home Office bulletin, so I think that's the correct one.

As I pointed out in this post it's not too different to Australian Bureau of Statistics results. If you want the link to the ABS stats, it's in the linked post.

I do agree that violence by either gender towards their partner isn't acceptable.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 01:57 am
@vikorr,
Thanks, just looking at the first page 8.2% of women and 4% of men is very different from a 60/40 split, but I'm not going to wade through page after page for a definitive answer.
vikorr

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2017 07:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah, I found one figure in that report that would roughly equate to 40:60, but most was between 25:75 and 33:66

In that respect, the latter more closely equate to the Australian figures.
0 Replies