Messenger rooms/groups

Gadaz

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 02:52 am
Hi
I was just wandering if anyone knows how to stop others from seeing rooms you are a member of on Facebook messenger. I have noticed when a room is joined, when people you know go onto their messenger it comes up as a suggested room for them. For privacy reasons is there anything that can be done to stop this happening?
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 766 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 10:15 am
@Gadaz,
You mean a group message? I don't think I have ever seen this on FB, where it was suggested I join a private message group I was not a part of. It's probably a privacy settings issue, although it may be privacy settings for more than one person.
Gadaz

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 05:28 am
@jespah,
To be honest I'm not entirely sure what they r. All I know is when I go on my messenger I get room suggestions that come up above the messages I have. It shows me a friend of mine is in the room (a member) and it's a suggested room for me. I have realised that anyone who is his friend will get this suggestion but he doesn't want people to see he is a member of this room and we r trying to figure out how to stop people getting the suggestion on their messenger. Facebook don't have a customer service which is stupid so I can't find an answer anywhere. So thought I'd ask the web
jespah

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2017 06:12 am
@Gadaz,
Okay - please don't use the word 'room', as it is confusing. You are talking about Facebook groups.

Some groups are private, some are secret, and some are public. Those settings are made by the group administrators. However, you may be able to hide some of that using privacy settings. So hunt around but don't be surprised if notifications, etc. are controlled by the group's own settings and not your own.

If you don't want people to know you are the member of a particular group, and if your own privacy settings can't fix this issue, then you have two choices only:
  1. Ask the administrator for the group to turn its settings to private or secret or
  2. Leave the group
Gadaz

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2017 06:24 pm
@jespah,
Thank you. I'm pretty sure the settings on his end can't help him. I've done a bit of looking but couldn't find anything. I will see if he can speak to the group admin. Thanks again.
0 Replies