Can cell phones be any more annoying to others? YES!

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:24 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,347 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:34 am
Sheeeeeit, foo'.

Fo' real, I can't wait to be gettin' me sum o dat fresh bling-blau up on me cellee.

Aiiiiight. Wesside. Respec.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:38 am
This is why a own an old cell phone. No, not just a model from a couple years ago, but one of those honkers that were once only availible to the military. That way, if someone's slim-ass new cell phones with 'BlingTones' annoys me, I can just beat the owner to death with mine.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:40 am
Hahaha!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:41 am
Or call in an air raid....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:51 am
I've made it standard operating procedure to blare my horn at anyone I see talking on a cellphone while driving. Not just a beep, but a prolonged HOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKK. I wanna make sure that both talking parties get the message. My wife was hit twice in the last three months by distracted cell phone abusers, one car was totalled. Screw these people.

And oh yeah, rap sucks!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 10:55 am
My neighbour's oldest son was killed by a driver distracted by her cell phone about 2 years ago. I used to hate 'em (drivers on cell phones) - I can't even describe how much I despise them now.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 11:50 am
I think there has got to be some way to make money off this anti-cellphone sentiment that so many people share.

Can't they come up with some device that would somehow screw up the circuitry or the components inside?

So when someone's cell phone rings with one of these idiotic bling tones you could just aim it and push a button and mess up all the numbers or the mechanism inside? Like how a magnet will ruin videotapes. There's got to be some technology that could do this...

Or maybe some wireless computer device that would lock into the cell phone signal and erase all the numbers inside it?

Anyone know if this is possible?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 12:11 pm
cellphone jammers !
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 12:24 pm
Oh, that is good news. Now if they could just start selling them to regular folk.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 12:32 pm
http://www.instantattitudes.com/gifs/bs288.gif

I keep threatening to put one of these on my car - not that it would do much good. How many people have to die before they make it illegal to talk on the phone and drive at the same time? Confused
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 12:48 pm
Let's see. My first calculator cost about $300.00. The watch I got at the dollar store is smarter. Flat screen monitors were $3,000 - $4,000 about 4 years ago. Now, they're anchors.

I figure those jammers will be affordable anytime now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 12:49 pm
oh

i like that, maxisoneinamillion!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 08:36 pm
this is off topic, but oh so important to me today... we have a two person business and two lines. Some damn company calls us on both phones once a day in what turns out to be a recording. We need to answer our phones to be there for clients with construction going on, or our artists. It isn't a matter of moving fingers to answer, but dropping a design pencil and, oh, never mind. We've called the number at the end of the totally irritating message, snarl, to put ourselves on the notcall list. That worked for a week. From my pov, it is complete harassment.

Ok, back to cell phones. Pull over for use in car. Period, unless on a completely deserted highway.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 01:54 am
I personally wouldn't be able to talk and drive at the same time for I have no multi-tasking abilities and I would most definately be one to cause an accident. So I don't do it. It's just not worth it.

But as for *Blingtones... I don't get why you are so *annoyed* with it?? There's so much anti-rap here on A2K it's sickening and that's one thing I cringe at. I mean, we are all entitled to have our own music preferences, but to go out and openly bash one you may not enjoy yourself is in my opinion completely disrespectful and ignorant. Thank God I was raised to believe that just because you don't agree with something you can at least respect it. And that's what you all rap bashers don't have- respect. It's a form of music and sometimes a form of poetic expression that connects urban communities that never had music that defined them. So you don't like rap? Don't buy the CD's. Don't tune into rap stations. Stay away from B.E.T. and MTV. Don't buy tickets to the Dr. Dre concerts. It's just that simple. And I'll promise to never buy a Justin Timberlake CD, or go to a Britney Spears concert, or buy a Shania Twain poster, watch "The Osbournes," or display a Jessica Simpson bobble-head on the dashboard of my car. And if you ever bump into me while my "Southside" by Lloyd Banks ringtone is playing, just jam with me baby...

TUPAC LIVES ON!!!! R.I.P. Rapper, Rocker, Activist, Hero, Poet, LEGEND. Thank you for having the courage to say what we only thought in our heads.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:54 am
mac11 wrote:
http://www.instantattitudes.com/gifs/bs288.gif

I keep threatening to put one of these on my car - not that it would do much good. How many people have to die before they make it illegal to talk on the phone and drive at the same time? Confused

the sign itself is quite distracting though, no? I wonder if it's caused any accidents
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 05:20 am
mchol wrote:
I personally wouldn't be able to talk and drive at the same time for I have no multi-tasking abilities and I would most definately be one to cause an accident. So I don't do it. It's just not worth it.

But as for *Blingtones... I don't get why you are so *annoyed* with it?? There's so much anti-rap here on A2K it's sickening and that's one thing I cringe at. I mean, we are all entitled to have our own music preferences, but to go out and openly bash one you may not enjoy yourself is in my opinion completely disrespectful and ignorant. Thank God I was raised to believe that just because you don't agree with something you can at least respect it. And that's what you all rap bashers don't have- respect. It's a form of music and sometimes a form of poetic expression that connects urban communities that never had music that defined them. So you don't like rap? Don't buy the CD's. Don't tune into rap stations. Stay away from B.E.T. and MTV. Don't buy tickets to the Dr. Dre concerts. It's just that simple. And I'll promise to never buy a Justin Timberlake CD, or go to a Britney Spears concert, or buy a Shania Twain poster, watch "The Osbournes," or display a Jessica Simpson bobble-head on the dashboard of my car. And if you ever bump into me while my "Southside" by Lloyd Banks ringtone is playing, just jam with me baby...

TUPAC LIVES ON!!!! R.I.P. Rapper, Rocker, Activist, Hero, Poet, LEGEND. Thank you for having the courage to say what we only thought in our heads.

Just to clarify, I'd be equally annoyed if I heard any of the non-rap artists on a cell phone as well, say, in a movie theatre. It's not so much about the ring as it is about the context. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 10:18 am
Rap sucks. Get over it. Think about all the people who've spent actual time studying music, and songwriting, getting no face time with promoters in favor of these no-talent hacks (that's right, I said the n-word - No-talent).
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 12:29 pm
cjhsa:

Rap DOESN'T suck. Get over THAT.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 01:49 pm
mchol - You like to think that your sh-t don't stink.

Sorry, just quoting Outkast.
0 Replies