Multiple Forum Posting. How Can it be done?

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 11:08 am
Would like to post some questions on more than one forum.
Is there a quick and easy way to do this?

Thanks,
JM
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,284 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 12:34 pm
If you let a Moderator know, we can move a thread to another Forum, leaving a "shadow thread" on the original Forum. It is not done very often, but is certainly possible. Our policy is not to have a thread on more than three Forums, and most of the time that we have done this, only on two.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 07:58 pm
Here is one former member of another site that hopes you keep it that way!
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 12:34 pm
LarryBS,

Why do you and the site itself object to a member trying to reach as many people with diverse backgrounds?

Obviously, there are ways multiple categories can be accessed in any case. The result of multiple threads on the same subject, however, is less than optimum.
It just seems strange that a site such as A2K would choose to restrict a member's access to more members’ opinions by making it more difficult to reach them.
I am sorry that A2K does not possess this ability yet but perhaps we can look forward to this to change.

Respectfully,

JM
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 12:44 pm
I think the motivation is rather the opposite -- greatest and most efficient access possible.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 01:39 pm
JM, "Multi-Posting" doesn't really expose a thread to more members. It is not uncommonn for various threads of some mutual relevance to be linked to one another via postings in the individual threads, but the categorization of A2K is fairly accommodating to varied interests and aids in specificity. For lack of a better solution, you could post to "General", which is the largest and most frequently viewed forum, but I suspect choosing a particular forum with an eye toward focusing responses from likely most-interested members will serve better.

timber
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:02 pm
A2K is still small enough that you won't get a bigger audience by posting to several different forums. All that will result is the same topic being seen by the same people, just in several different places.

Posting to General will reach everyone. By the same token, posting to Pets & Garden or Africa or Teaching will also reach everyone. The vast majority of A2Kers use the "View topics with posts since your last visit" button to look for threads of interests, rather than go hunting through specific forums.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:21 pm
@JamesMorrison,
Now it can be done through the use of tags by the way, you can use comma separated keywords to post to multiple tags, and each tag is like a forum.
0 Replies