1
   

Can mold make me feel like I'm high?

 
 
nnbbgg
 
Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 02:52 pm
I had many symptoms of toxic mold when i moved to a new apartment: light hipersensitivity, sweating, hand trembling, difficults for sleep, weakness, metalic taste, indigestion, lack of appetite, hair loss, anxiety, depression, difficulty breathing,shortness of breath, tightness of chest, concentration and atention difficulty, shaking vision, ringing in ears... there was a point in wich i had anxiety and derealized 24 hours a day. I constantly felt like i was high and once i invited a friend that told me he felt high after being there like two hours. Also i had some kind of allucinations when trying to fall asleep. I want to know if those are symptons too.
I thought it could be anxiety for living alone and starting university. It got worse on winter cause i didnt open windows that much. Then i went to my mom's house for a month and i didnt cured completly but i was better. Then, back in the apartment i was with the windows open most of time because of the heat and slowly i started feeling better. Then i was out for two months and i could say i was cured. I went back to my apartment for only 3 days (now with air coinditioner, so the windows were closed most of time) and i had most of symptoms back. My boyfriend was tehre for 2 days too and i noticed his hand was trembling and the next day he was nervous but i didnt ask anything cause i didn't know it could be because of the mold. two days after leaving the apartment i still feel some symptoms.
I didn't see mold (i didn't look for it either), except for something in the kitchen cupboard a few months ago that is already clean, it was orange or brownish.
I have to live there one more year before moving so i wanted to know how to get rid of it. I'll make an intense search of mold next time and want to clean it but i'm afraid of what would happen if i'm not able to do it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,369 • Replies: 7
No top replies

 
centrox
 
  2  
Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 03:05 pm
@nnbbgg,
nnbbgg wrote:
I had many symptoms of toxic mold when i moved to a new apartment: light hipersensitivity, sweating, hand trembling, difficults for sleep, weakness, metalic taste, indigestion, lack of appetite, hair loss, anxiety, depression, difficulty breathing,shortness of breath, tightness of chest, concentration and atention difficulty, shaking vision, ringing in ears... there was a point in wich i had anxiety and derealized 24 hours a day.

Have you ever thought of consulting a psychiatrist?
0 Replies
 
dalehileman
 
  -4  
Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2017 03:10 pm
@nnbbgg,
Nn, Cen is a good guy. Just got thru explaining about this sorta thing to Perenn, you'll see it right near top
0 Replies
 
chuck1964
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 06:51 am
@nnbbgg,
nnbbgg,

Get out off that apartment ASAP! The answer to your question is "Yes!", mold can indeed make you feel like you're​ "high". I know because I am having a very similar feeling as I am typing this. In fact, that is the very reason I am on the internet right now was to see if anyone else has had this experience. I don't have all your symptoms, but I do feel sort of "drunk"/light-headed/mildly dizzy.

Long story short, I moved out of my condo about a year ago due to symptoms of mold exposure. At first I smelled something musty, then I began feeling weird in a way I can't​ adequately describe. It was like I was sort of "detached" from things. At first I thought I wasn't getting enough sleep or maybe it was a medicine I was taking. Finally I discovered mold in my AC system. I had my home tested for mold and it was positive. I finally moved out and started living at my aunt's house.
Since then I've spent thousands of dollars on replacing my AC air handler and ductwork.

A week ago I finally thought it was okay to move back in so I went there and started moving furniture back into place and vacuuming and cleaning up. I kicked up a lot of dust in the process. After being there all day I began to experience that "dizzy" feeling again. When I say"dizzy" I don't mean off balance, room spinning type dizziness. I mean it's like having a "buzz" after you've had an alcoholic drink, but not a good buzz. At first I thought it was my imagination because I couldn't believe it could be happening again. I returned to my aunt's house that night. The next day I was still "dizzy" and I had a headache. The following day the headache was gone but it's been a week now and the "dizziness" is still there.

I am extremely worried it isn't going to go away, that I could have permanent neurological damage from breathing in mold spores/mycotoxins. Every morning I wake up hoping it will be gone but it's not.

Please do yourself a favor and get out of that apartment even if you have to break the lease agreement. I'm sure breaking the lease agreement would be cheaper and certainly less tragic than having health problems.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, did your symptoms go away after a while? I am really anxious about it. I went to see my doctor yesterday and he dismissed the idea and said my dizziness is probably due to something with my ear which I know it isn't. I don't where to turn for help. Supposedly there are doctors experienced in treating mold related symptoms, but none of them are in Houston. Sad

Thanks.

PS. I just noticed you use the word "derealized". Do you mean derealization because that's the perfect word to describe what I meant when I said I felt "detached" from things. It's hard to describe.
chuck1964
 
  2  
Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 07:07 am
@nnbbgg,
PPS

If you are renting it shouldn't be your responsibility to find and clean up any mold. First, I would just get out. But if you insist on staying make the landlord take care of the mold. Mold testing by a professional is not cheap. It cost me $500.00. And mold remediation can cost many thousands of dollars. Just tearing out the old ductwork in my condo cost $1800, and that was just the ductwork. My plan was to clean up all the dust myself because there's so much clutter in my condo I have to decide what to throw away and what to keep. If I hired someone to do it it would cost thousands and thousands of dollars and they would basically have to throw a lot of stuff away because there just isn't room for everything. (It's a long story.) I think I am even have to tear out all the carpet. But I have to recover from this dizziness before I can do anything. If I do go back I will wear a respirator that can filter out mold spores! Whatever you do, don't let yourself develop serious, possibly permanent health issues before you get out. Don't be foolish like I was.
Robin-H
 
  1  
Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2017 08:25 am
@chuck1964,
I think mould toxins damage us and that the illness most likely acts synergystically with other microbes and environmental toxins that get in you. So simple tests that researchers and doctors have done over the years are inadequate. When they say that there is no link between mycotoxin X and mould illness symptoms they really need to consider the mix mycotoxin X (or the mould itself) is in.

I did go into remission a couple of short-lived times. In each case I was an avid exerciser. I think one of the keys to detoxification was sweating!!!! Exercise also increases mitochondria activity and many other health benefits.

However, getting out of the mouldy environment may not be enough if you have been colonized in the sinuses, gut, and perhaps other organs if barriers have been broken from use of NSAIDs or such. Also, a very healthy diet with no added sugar and low in carbs helps by not feeding microbes (good and bad).

I think that I have been getting progressively ill for 27 years after a flood. It seems that my sinuses might be a source of internal reinfection. When I moved from the flooded house I took the bed with me and the problem followed me. Finally after leaving my home country with nothing but a bag under my arm I began to slowly improve after having been getting progressively ill for 20 years. The continual improvement lasted for three years but then I experienced a combination of heavy biological exposure in a SCUBA mishap and long-term work stress.

Since then I've been on the decline for the past five years and it feels like a heterogeneous biofilms are growing everywhere in my body, especially at the location of the heavy biological exposure during the SCUBA incident.

Only in the past few months have I learned of the likelihood that I have mould illness and will try Jen Springer's mold-help detoxification. It seems like the most complete and concise no-nonsense treatment without a tonne of tests by difficult to access doctors. I hope for great improvement but don't expect to get back to the health I really should have at my age.

I hope this helps.
0 Replies
 
angelicmaries
 
  0  
Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 08:14 pm
@chuck1964,
I'm not sure when you wrote this post...but do you still have the drunk feeling...I've had it too and I'm being treated for mold and I'm just wondering if yours ever went away? Can you email me at [email protected]
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 04:04 am
@angelicmaries,

it's from april 2017.

chuck1964 prolly won't be finding his way back here...
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Is this Mold - Question by JoshuaL
Is this mold? - Question by buckalou
Need to ask whether this is mold? - Question by Chunkylad
Help Me Identify This Mold - Question by CyanRaven
Brown 'stains' on wall and ceiling. - Discussion by Hanny
Can you Id this mold/Fungus? - Question by trevor75
Is this mold? If not, what is it? - Discussion by kschmitty01
microbiology - Question by frankw
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Can mold make me feel like I'm high?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 01/22/2020 at 11:41:26