depression

agrote

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 08:06 am
JoeFX wrote:
I don't think it's the worst argument... as that the argument I used when I battled depression. And it worked to keep suicide from becoming an option.

Okay maybe it's jsut me then, it's an argument which I don't think would work for me.

Plenty of people aren't cold and ignorant baz, it's more likely that you're a little paranoid for whatever reason. Try and be open to the possibility that there are warm, non-ignorant people out there somewhere, you just haven't met them yet. Or something.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 10:23 am
baz,

You are not alone in this. And you are most definitely NOT crazy
The pain of depression is very real...

You had mentioned in your first post that you had tried some medical therapy and some talk therapy. Would you mind me asking you a few questions about those?
0 Replies

baz

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 03:56 pm
Lady J wrote:
baz,

You had mentioned in your first post that you had tried some medical therapy and some talk therapy. Would you mind me asking you a few questions about those?
no i don't mind you asking a few questions.and yes thank you it is very real....
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2004 11:10 pm
baz wrote:
Lady J wrote:
baz,

no i don't mind you asking a few questions.and yes thank you it is very real....

Thank you baz,

I appreciate you letting me talk with you. Smile First, I'll let you know, I am not a counselor, nor am I a therapist and I definitely do not have all the answers to life's mysteries. Your post for some reason went beyond words and as I mentioned before, the pain...that's what I felt coming from you more than anything....

Since I don't know you in person, I'd love to find out a bit about you. Your age, what's going on in your life right now. Are you working? Going to school? Do you have a good group of friends you hang with? Are you close with your family? Does anyone else in your family suffer from depression as well? I guess opening up a good dialogue between you and I might be a good place to begin, do you think? Please feel free to ask me any questions you would like as well.. I don't want to see you hurting any longer and I would like to be able to help you in any way that I can. You up for that? Smile
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:47 pm
Lady J wrote:
baz wrote:
Lady J wrote:
baz,

Thank you baz,

I appreciate you letting me talk with you. Smile First, I'll let you know, I am not a counselor, nor am I a therapist and I definitely do not have all the answers to life's mysteries. Your post for some reason went beyond words and as I mentioned before, the pain...that's what I felt coming from you more than anything....

Since I don't know you in person, I'd love to find out a bit about you. Your age, what's going on in your life right now. Are you working? Going to school? Do you have a good group of friends you hang with? Are you close with your family? Does anyone else in your family suffer from depression as well? I guess opening up a good dialogue between you and I might be a good place to begin, do you think? Please feel free to ask me any questions you would like as well.. I don't want to see you hurting any longer and I would like to be able to help you in any way that I can. You up for that? Smile
thank you for concern
fear not, we are not here for ever. im an old man who is very sorry
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 08:37 pm
Quote:
thank you for concern

Of course I'm concerned. You are my fellow human being, deserving of kindness and respect and compassion. Whatever time we are given here, we all deserve that. You could be as ancient as the hills and I wouldn't mind. I know not what you are sorry for but I do feel for you. I'm around if you want to say hi....
0 Replies

G-brial

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 04:42 pm
Baz, i assume you believe your life is meaningless and you dont deserve to live. you are seeking happiness, arent we all? by now you may have exercised all of your possible options in seeking out what it is that will make you happy and just erase this mess, unfortunately, nothing has a hint of optimism anymore, the only thing that you can think about that does seem a little optimistic is to take your own life. Since it is devoid of any purpose.
I believe you have a misplaced sense of values in what it is you need to do to be a happy person, and since you cannot achieve this, you feel like a failure. You may want to get the job, have the life, be succesful, but oftentimes what we need is directly in front of our nose, yet we are always looking much further down the road, always in hope of achieving more, you are alive Baz, you have an oppurtunity to live, and you may feel that you have a stale impact on the world and others around you, and it is often hard for us to be appreciative of what we have in life. and even if you feel isolated, let it be known that you are not alone, hell, i dont even know you and i want you to live. Because i dont believe that anybody should take their life, your here for a reason, and even your small expression of your negative feelings on this board could influence me to be a better person in my own life.
Baz, to be depressed is a situation many of us have in common, but it always depends on your own particular circumstances in order to find a way out of it, so tell us, what is it that has made you feel this way. What is it that feel you have failed at achieving that has got you caught in such a rut? maybe if you give us a little more insight we can try to help.

however long you have been feeling this way, always keep in mind

"the darkest hour of the night comes just before dawn"

Gabe
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 10:21 pm
Lady J wrote:
Quote:
thank you for concern

Of course I'm concerned. You are my fellow human being, deserving of kindness and respect and compassion. Whatever time we are given here, we all deserve that. You could be as ancient as the hills and I wouldn't mind. I know not what you are sorry for but I do feel for you. I'm around if you want to say hi....
i may have to suffer another
40 years of life yet, oh what a thought..
0 Replies

baz

Reply Tue 2 Nov, 2004 10:31 pm
G-brial wrote:
Baz, i assume you believe your life is meaningless and you dont deserve to live. you are seeking happiness, arent we all? by now you may have exercised all of your possible options in seeking out what it is that will make you happy and just erase this mess, unfortunately, nothing has a hint of optimism anymore, the only thing that you can think about that does seem a little optimistic is to take your own life. Since it is devoid of any purpose.
I believe you have a misplaced sense of values in what it is you need to do to be a happy person, and since you cannot achieve this, you feel like a failure. You may want to get the job, have the life, be succesful, but oftentimes what we need is directly in front of our nose, yet we are always looking much further down the road, always in hope of achieving more, you are alive Baz, you have an oppurtunity to live, and you may feel that you have a stale impact on the world and others around you, and it is often hard for us to be appreciative of what we have in life. and even if you feel isolated, let it be known that you are not alone, hell, i dont even know you and i want you to live. Because i dont believe that anybody should take their life, your here for a reason, and even your small expression of your negative feelings on this board could influence me to be a better person in my own life.
Baz, to be depressed is a situation many of us have in common, but it always depends on your own particular circumstances in order to find a way out of it, so tell us, what is it that has made you feel this way. What is it that feel you have failed at achieving that has got you caught in such a rut? maybe if you give us a little more insight we can try to help.

however long you have been feeling this way, always keep in mind

"the darkest hour of the night comes just before dawn"

Gabe
i don't know where you arrive at the rubbish . i don.t desersve to live. you people are so mixed up you do it for me....
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:10 pm
Do you guys ever feel like you're some place you shouldn't be, or like somebody has died, and yet nothing is really wrong. You just feel out of place for some reason?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2004 04:26 pm
A lot. I feel out of sorts quite frequently.
0 Replies