NHL 2004-05: Did you miss it?

paulaj

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 07:31 pm
JP

I checked out that site. Those guy's look to young for me, what's the-- BIG IDEA!-- <snickers>

I'm going to have to re-think this situation.

Thanks for the site
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:10 pm
paula j,
allow me to tell you what i know:

http://www.wfu.edu/users/grayra1/Contextual%20Site/Clipart/toothless%20man.jpg
Jacques "Boom-Boom" Beukeboom
age 72, he hails from winnipeg, manitoba.

for 8 straight seasons (1955-56 thru 1963-64) he led the league in both fewest goals scored, and most penalty minutes.

his favorite thing to do is "get loaded right after the game, sometimes before the game, but never during, that would be wrong."
his favorite color is (blood) red.
his favorite move is "slap shot".

there's more, but by now you're most likely swooning with lust for this hunka-hunka burning love...
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 12:17 am
Region Philbis wrote:
paula j,
allow me to tell you what i know:

http://www.wfu.edu/users/grayra1/Contextual%20Site/Clipart/toothless%20man.jpg
Jacques "Boom-Boom" Beukeboom
there's more, but by now you're most likely swooning with lust for this hunka-hunka burning love...

It shows Shocked
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:30 pm
2006???
NHL veterans say season lost, maybe two(source)
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 07:38 pm
I hate this lockout. Players went to Europe, the NHL better resolve this.
0 Replies

shortty

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 06:32 pm
If Gary Bettman dosen't get this "salary cap" then he would have wasted all this invested time he has had here in the NHL and he will have leave his high horse with disgrace. That is why he is fighting this one till the bitter end. He won't get it and then the league will recover again after he has left the NHL for good. No offense here to any americans but when you take a canadian game and give all the power to an american man who has nothing but dollar signs on his mind going into his pockets and the already rich owners this is what happens to the greatest game ever. Get rid of the rich bastard and bring the game back cause not having Ron Mclean and DOn Cherry argue on hockey night in canada is really making me sad. (once again this is not meant to put anyone down but gary bettman)(the man who ruined my saturday nights)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 01:39 pm
being the commish seems to be one of those 'dirty jobs, but someone's gotta do it'.
this is especially true in major league baseball, where bud selig took the job on an interim basis in '92 after fay vincent was forced to resign (vincent had stepped in when bart giamatti passed away in '89).
13 years later he's still the reluctant commish...

who would u say is a good candidate to clean up bettman's mess?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
The NHL cannot survive with one foot in Canada and one in the US. With the disparity of the dollar and looney and no salary cap we'll never see another Canadian team ever win the Stanley Cup. The only solution is to form a World Hockey League where Euro teams visit the states for 3 weeks and play 10 teams;then return. Same with Russia etc.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 06:59 pm
NHL needs contraction. Columbus and Nashville needs a team? They should go back to the original 8 or so teams, Red Wings, Black Hawks etc.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:47 pm
Not so fast Child.
Columbus has a pretty big arena...holds 18,000. They're at 95% attendance, one of the highest in the league
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 10:17 pm
panzade wrote:
Not so fast Child.
Columbus has a pretty big arena...holds 18,000. They're at 95% attendance, one of the highest in the league

I'd take tradition over profit, and so would most hockey fans. I remember a few years ago hearing that The Flyers were playing The Blue Jackets, and I thought "Who?". Get rid of the newbies and Hockey will be great again, because with less teams, the talent on the remaining teams will increase and the quality of the game will increase.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 11:17 pm
I don't know, I like more teams. BTW would the Canucks be part of the original teams?

I want a World Hockey Club Championship, where teams from different leagues compete (NA and European basically only competent ones). That'd be cool, but I guess not realistic.

How long will the lockout last?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 11:19 pm
Sorry Ray, Child would eliminate the Canucks.You're not from Burnaby eh?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 11:21 pm
Bye Bye Canucks...You can watch Bertuzzi attempt murder in a Canadien uniform.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 11:58 pm
Quote:
Sorry Ray, Child would eliminate the Canucks.You're not from Burnaby eh?

****. Rolling Eyes Finally became division champion again last year, you can't do that to us. Crying or Very sad Not from Burnaby.

Quote:
You can watch Bertuzzi attempt murder in a Canadien uniform.

Laughing Oh, come on, I don't want to have to argue about this. He clearly did not intend to 'murder' anyone, I think Moore broke his neck when he fell to the ice, and then his avs teammates got on top of Bert. Not a good game anyways, shameful act by bert.

The canadien would be what like the shame team then with Ribeiro and his Passion of the Christ stunt. Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:31 am
Child of the Light wrote:

I'd take tradition over profit,

Sure you would and in no time you wouldn't have a league. Teams like Columbus carry their own weight and contribute to the salvage operation of teams that can't compete
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 07:32 pm
ok, a little NHL history, stored in my memory banks Smile

original 6 -- ny rangers, boston bruins, montreal canadiens, toronto maple leafs, chicago black hawks, detroit red wings.
1st expansion (1967-68) -- philadelphia flyers, pittsburgh penguins, minnesota north stars, st.louis blues, california golden seals, los angeles kings.
2nd expansion (1970-71) -- buffalo sabres, vancouver canucks
3rd expansion (1972-73) -- ny islanders, atlanta flames
4th expansion (1974-75) -- washington capitals, colorado rockies.
WHA expansion (1979-80) -- hartford whalers, quebec nordiques, winnipeg jets, edmonton oilers... i think just those 4?

soon thereafter i started to lose interest...
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 11:01 pm
If you were to go with original six teams, then you would get rid of Edmonton, city of champions!!! Great memories there. Vancouver is also a city that's actually mmaking lots of profits so I don't think you want the franchise to be over.

Oh hey, wasn't Minnesota part of that WHA expansion?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 11:05 pm
North Stars...you'd think hockey would thrive in Minnesota
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 07:08 am
Never could figure why the established North Stars moved out and the expansion Wild moved in.
0 Replies