i need my riddle answered!!!

seany12

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 06:57 pm
Edit: (Moderator): Moved from Philosophy & Debate to Riddles.

Help me with this riddle:

A man tosses and turns all night. He is anxious for something. the desk beside him is empty. Finally, the man gets up and opens the window. he falls to sleep and dreams about tomorrow.

Why does opening the window help him fall asleep?

please help me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,305 • Replies: 14
No top replies

dauer

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 08:43 pm
He had cornered himself in a tiny little room, and he was stuck, no way out. When he opened that window it reminded him that there was a way out, because time keeps moving. And that is why he dreamt about tomorrow.

I may be wrong. I may be right. Okay, I'm probably wrong. Welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 09:04 pm
If the "desk beside him is empty" he likely fell asleep in his chair. Maybe after he opened the window he cllimbed into his bed?

Most adults don't have desks in their bedrooms. Wink
0 Replies

fern

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:26 am
hi
0 Replies

fern

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:30 am
outwit
ive decide to offer up all my answers to the outwit 2 contest i got my fed ex today and we were declined it didnt say why so email for any and all RIGHT answers to [email protected]
0 Replies

Fletch

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 09:32 pm
hes castruphobic so he opened the window? ya i know its a stupid answer Confused
0 Replies

Sarah1960

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 07:44 am
He is anxious to get fresh air...maybe
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:02 pm
The man has an important job interview tomorrow and he is afraid he will oversleep. His desk is empty because he doesn't have an alarm clock

He opens his window so that he will be wakened at dawn by the cock crowing and by the sun streaming through the window.

Feeling safe now that he wont oversleep he falls into a blissful sleep.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:46 pm
Sadly, he awakens late because he forgot that he no longer lives on the farm. He races out the front door still dragging a comb across his head.

He reaches the boardroom just in time to hear Donald Trump say, "You're fired!"
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:23 am
Re: i need my riddle answered!!!
seany12 wrote:
Edit: (Moderator): Moved from Philosophy & Debate to Riddles.

Help me with this riddle:

A man tosses and turns all night. He is anxious for something. the desk beside him is empty. Finally, the man gets up and opens the window. he falls to sleep and dreams about tomorrow.

Why does opening the window help him fall asleep?

please help me.

O.K. Alternative to above:

The man is a novelist he has writer's block. (can't get to sleep, empty desk, anxious.) He opens the window, and hears or sees something that gives him an idea for his next masterpeice.

Content he falls asleep dreaming about the great work he will do tomorrow.
0 Replies

rage

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:31 pm
please help me answer these riddles..

1. a man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. the barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. the man says 'thank you' and walks out.
why did the man thank the barman?

2. deep in the forest was found the body of a man who was wearing only swimming trunks, snorkel and facemask. the nearest lake was 8 miles away and the sea was 100 miles away. how had he died?

3. a woman had two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year. but they were not twins. how could this be so?
0 Replies

rage

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 08:37 pm
help me solve my riddle please, is there anyone loged in to this site right now?
0 Replies

markr

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 10:12 pm
1. He had hiccups.
2. He was scooped up from a lake (along with a bunch of water) by a firefighting helicopter and dumped on the flames in the forest.
3. They were part of a set of triplets.
0 Replies

rage

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 01:10 am
please help me with this one

a man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. the barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. the man says 'thak you' and walks out.
why did the man thank the barman?
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 05:15 am
Markr has answered Rage, when the barman pointed a gun at him the fright cured him of his hiccups
0 Replies