Convince me I don't need this kitten... (or do I?)

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 04:10 pm
Sign posted at school with a photo: 3 girls, 1 boy, born Aug 6. (My daughter is Aug 7!) The boy has long black fur! "Free to good home," etc. Well, we are a good home, but aren't really supposed to have ANY cats... but have one anyway... Tux is so spoiled, but he's young and would probably be pleasant to a companion, although he doesn't act like he especially needs one... Confused I want this kitten, though- He's so pretty in the picture!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,901 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Eva

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
I'm sorry, princess, but you really came to the wrong place if you want someone to talk you out of taking this darling, fluffy little bundle of joy home and spoiling him rotten. Wink
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 05:32 pm
Take the kitten...if you don't, you will wish you had. Very Happy Besides, Tux needs a companion :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
Tux will bring extra joy to your life.
This is an opportunity not to be missed!
A message from the gods. Very Happy

Seriously, though, he'll be a friend to your other cat, will provide hours of amusement to your household & you'll find yourself gazing fondly at the sheer beauty of his beautiful long, black coat. He's a personality-plus cat, obviously! A darling critter. AND you have a *good home*, yes? Think how virtuous you'll feel! :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 06:07 pm
Ha! Not too many people here will tell you not to take the kitten. Either A2Kers don't care or they're cat-lovers, with a few notable exceptions. Anyway, anyone could use a kitten......
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:56 pm
Never fall in love with a picture. It will only lead to heartache. Don't take the kitten.

There. Somebody had to say it before cj dropped in.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:58 pm
Seriously, I have three cats, and think one would be better. How about a magnificant orange male? Picture on request.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:07 pm
I agree with Roger. I had two cats not that long ago (before pigsy had her babies). I've had pigsy for about 4 years, anyway, about 5 months ago we had gotten another cat so pigsy would have someone to play with when we are not home. Well...the new cat was such a pain in the butt that we had to get rid of her. She kept stocking pigsy and being very mean to her (pigsy was pregnant, and she's anti-social). The new cat was driving me up the wall with its bad attitude and I finally convinced my man too give it away to a new home.....My life has been alot less stressful since then! No matter how cute you think the kitten is, it's probably not the best idea. DO you think your cat would like a play mate? I did, and it turned out to be a play mate from hell...lol
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:01 pm
Ah yes...the little furballs do have personalities. Some get along, some don't. No way to know for sure unless you try.

We have two, and although they get on each other's nerves sometimes, they are very attached to each other. And it's not nearly so worrisome when we leave town, knowing they'll have each other for company.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 11:05 am
Ok, I am going to meet the woman with the kittens today. I am taking along our cat carrier, but I'm just looking... I am not convinced Tux wants a little friend, he seems quite content to be totally prince of the household and doted upon... but on the other hand, he is still a young cat (5 months old) and would adapt better now than later... and since I am already in violation of my rental agreement by having one cat, I vacillate in my feelings that 2 aren't any more wrong than one and thinking that one is easier to hide than 2... Embarrassed My boyfriend (who lives elsewhere) has agreed to take my cat(s) if I am ever getting inspected or it becomes a problem, but he has stated repeatedly that one cat is plenty for us to have... Embarrassed So really, to respect him, I shouldn't take another cat, but... I'm only going to look... Embarrassed My oldest daughter and I have discussed names for the kitten, but my younger daughter has said that she doesn't really like cats and we don't really need another cat... My son has told me to get the cat, but make sure it's his cat, since my oldest daughter claims Tux is her cat... Embarrassed He's okay with the top contender for the name (Louie.) Embarrassed
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:33 pm
I resisted the temptation to bring home a 2nd cat. Whew! He was cute, but not that cute... And he didn't have the personality Tux had from the moment his eyes opened... So we are still a one-cat family. I feel a little bit guilty, like perhaps I led on the current owner, although I made sure to tell her I thought of myself as just looking...
0 Replies