Facebook Login Drama

siren7

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 06:16 am
My friend has two Facebook accounts. He accidentally logged himself out of his original account and doesn't remember the password. Because the account is old, he no longer has the phone or phone number he used to create it. As for the Hotmail account he used, it's been a very long time since he lost the password for it. He has tried the Hotmail security thing but because he can't remember any previous passwords, it won't work. (Honestly, it's ridiculous to think he would remember previous passwords if he can't even remember the most recent one!)
He hasn't set up any trusted contacts but there are plenty of friends that are on both account friend lists. Is there any way we can help him? Or any other thing he can try? It is legitimately his account so he has no problem with providing ID as surety or some such.
Very frustrating.
Yes we understand why there has to be security. Nevertheless, what can he try?

Any suggestions appreciated.
s7
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 791 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 10:02 am
@siren7,
Then he should contact Facebook directly and provide ID as they request. Period. You can't 'help' him with that or petition anyone.
Jgwilson88

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 03:01 pm
@jespah,
I was locked out of my account last Thursday it is now been four days and I still have not received anything from Facebook saying they can unlock my account. I received a message Thursday night that said my account had been compromised and that I needed to send them a copy of my ID so that they could unlock my account. I sent the ad day and I have sent multiple emails all they have sent is one email back saying they receive my ID and they will review it. It seems there are no other ways to contact Facebook either by email or by phone and I don't not understand why it would take this long for them to approve an account that got locked for some unknown reason
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2017 04:06 pm
If you need to get back in, this is where you need to go: https://www.facebook.com/help/117450615006715?helpref=related
0 Replies