What to be for Helloween

Portal Star

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 05:57 pm
I'm going to be a renaissance-type maiden out of pure efficiency, as I have to buy a dress for the renaissance fair this sunday. Eh. I really love these masks but I can't afford them: madame kufu
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 06:05 pm
well, I have a sword, a purple crochet dress, a green china-doll dress, a pirate hat and a black wig - any suggestions?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 07:11 pm
I used to use the holiday to face my worst fear... If I were inclined to do it this year, I would go as George Bush...

In the past I've gone as an old hag, a kidney riddled w/cancer, a freshly dead corpse w/a maggot on the breast (costume used twice w/babies in the maggot costume Laughing), a rat, an alien invader/warrior, a succubus... um, I can't think of any others off the top of my head... I did want to go as an airplane hitting the twin towers in 2001, but was talked out of it by my "friends..." Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:58 pm
Uh, going as a plane crashing into the twin towers is extremely bad form. And that's coming from me...if I saw someone wearing that, it would not slide with me. You're actually a complete f'n moron for even thinking that's funny.

Little K, throw all that stuff on, and you're dressed as a girl from Brighton/Allston.

I'd be a blow up doll if I could figure out how, that's not a bad idea.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:18 pm
hmmmm, a girl from brighton? Too close to home. I could do the fortune teller gig again. But, then I'd have to skip the sword and the hat.

So, Slappy, how much would you spend on a costume?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:19 pm
Portal - fantastic web site!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:29 pm
I've never been big on spending a lot of money on a costume, but I'd probably spend up to $50 or so. Of course it depends on how good it is.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:30 pm
how do you feel about wearing pink latex?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 11:03 pm
Alright Portal Star. I was at a renaissance fair last weekend. Lots of good costumes, even a well turned out dragon rider - from Pern, I suppose.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:01 am
Portal Star wrote:
I'm going to be a renaissance-type maiden out of pure efficiency, as I have to buy a dress for the renaissance fair this sunday. Eh. I really love these masks but I can't afford them: madame kufu

I as well because anything else is too revealing for lil trick or treaters. :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:10 am
littlek wrote:
how do you feel about wearing pink latex?

One Halloween I wore a bikini top, lipstick and daisy dukes. What do you got?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:45 pm
it wasnt even halloween and I shaved my legs, put on makeup and a dress.... but someone already had my corner so i had to go back home and come up with another game plan
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:50 pm
Last year I went as Roy complete with a Steiff white tiger attached to my neck, and fake blood all over a sequined shirt I found at Goodwill.

$2 shirt. $1 fake blood. $300 tiger.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:51 pm
priceless
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
That's good stuff.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 06:13 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Uh, going as a plane crashing into the twin towers is extremely bad form. And that's coming from me...if I saw someone wearing that, it would not slide with me. You're actually a complete f'n moron for even thinking that's funny.

It wasn't about being funny. It was about facing my worst fear at that particular Halloween time. That is what we do rahter than celebrate dark, face our darkest thoughts and fears... There's nothing terribly funny about Halloween, or what it represents, except that we've homogenized it soooooooo much. Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:33 pm
Sorry Slappy, I don't have any pink latex. I was thinking you could find some and wear red lipstick and put a messy blond wig on - blow-up doll. I think latex clothing is a bit expensive, though. There is latex body paint. You could stuff a bra, wear a too-tight speedo and paint yourself latex-pink......?

Maybe not.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:34 pm
I think I'd just look like a dude dressed in drag.

I'll think of something good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:40 pm
yeah, prolly.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:55 pm
Here's an idea: you could just go naked except for a pair of roller skates. When they ask what you are supposed to be, tell them a pull toy.

Just be prepared for short string jokes.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 03:21:24