what irritating songs do you absolutely HATE?

Vivien

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 05:32 am
the awful schmaltzy songs churned out by Elvis in his rhinestones and white stretchy suits era - early rocky numbers were ok but later stuff - yuuuuk!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 08:48 am
I know what you mean Lady J. Jethro Tull is like that for me. Except the "Stand Up" album, which I treasure.
0 Replies

nickan

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 05:08 pm
Anything Gregorian. I don't know if it is only in Sweden they actually release albums like "Pop according to Gregorian". In the Air Tonight with a Gregorian choir.....yuck!

Anyone who is wailing too much....
0 Replies

chrisse

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:33 pm
well i don lik rock"ha"! and i don lik much reggay
im new by the way id lik 2 know how 2 get 2 da love relation ships
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 12:46 am
Welcome, just holler for Slappy ...he'll steer you right.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 03:18 am
james taylor.... snorrrrrrreeee.

rap? think it's hard to listen to? try being locked in a studio for 12 hours with those goons..

somebody said here that there's always good and bad music, at any time. the biggest difference i see right now is that i haven't had to dig through so much corporate "promo man" crap in 30 years to find it. but it's out there.

the internet is the new fm radio. yay!!!!!!

pan? ya hate tull?? really?? man, one of the tightest live bands i've ever seen... all 14 times. stand up is a real gem though.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 05:22 am
Don't worry be happy-- drives me crazy. Part of it is the thought but mostly because it sounds as if he's going to go to sleep during the song
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:26 am
Let me re-phrase DTOM...Classic rock only plays Aqualung and Bungle Through The Jungle ...yuck. I'm sure there's a lot of good Tull, I just tuned out.

Just like Chicago. I was listening to Introduction and Beginning from the first album...great stuff...wha happen?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 11:27 am
panzade wrote:
Let me re-phrase DTOM...Classic rock only plays Aqualung and Bungle Through The Jungle ...yuck. I'm sure there's a lot of good Tull, I just tuned out.

Just like Chicago. I was listening to Introduction and Beginning from the first album...great stuff...wha happen?

okay, i gotcha. in the case of aqualung, you can get too much of a good thing :wink:

"bungle"... oooppsss. talk about tuning it out, i'd blanked out the entire war child album. you're right. it's crappy. a real clinker. to be honest, there was a period where ian kinda dropped it.

same with chicago. saw them a couple of times in the early days. they really did cook. serafine was a fantastic drummer. terry kath though, always annoyed me. chicago 5 had some cool stuff on it. but they seemed to go through a similar period as tull; and a lot of bands that last more than 1 or 2 releases. i.e. "pop" and "zooropa" by u2. what the hell
was that all about ???
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 02:10 pm
Yeah, I guess it's hard to be geniuses all the time. I guess it calls for a little mercy.

In the case of this thread though, Whinney Houston in "You Give Good Love" ushered in an era of R&B divas sounding like Bedouin shepherds. I don't care for the ullulation style of pop.
0 Replies