Problem with PDF

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 05:05 pm
@contrex,
Adobe Reader will let me put a PDF to save, but will not let me alter or print it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 05:10 pm
@contrex,
It may be free, but I used to be able to edit to the extent of filling in forms. Apparently, there was some upgrade that denied my that ability without paying for the service.
Debra Law

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 07:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have a document by email which requires a witness to sign. The contract is by PDF. There is a place at the end for a witness to sign. But I cannot find a way to sign it and I cannot print it. If I download it it goes to Adobe or another source I downloaded. Neither allows me to print it out or alter by signing it. I don't want to subscribe to Adobe for about 70 dollars. Do any of you have a solution to the problem?

Did you get your PDF document printed? You can download a free Adobe program from the Adobe company. https://get.adobe.com/reader/

You should download the document from the email and open it when you're prompted to save or open. When it appears in the adobe window on your computer screen, click on the document and then press the "ctrl" and letter "p" keys at the same time. (ctrl + p) This should bring up the print window. So long as you have a printer connected to your PC, you should be able to click on the "print" button and get a copy that you can sign.

You probably already know how to scan and save the signed document so you can upload it to an email to return it to the other party.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2016 07:38 pm
@Debra Law,
Thank you.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 03:49 am
Where I work, a team processes financial documents submitted by clients that have to be signed in ink. We can supply the documents on paper but some clients prefer an editable PDF which they complete on screen, print and sign, then mail to us. The biggest problem we have is folks with Apple machines, because they think because there is a built in app in the Finder that reads PDFs, they don't need Adobe Reader. Also Windows people with 3rd party PDF readers. If the PDF is created as editable, you can use Adobe Reader to do the editing.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2016 03:50 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

It may be free, but I used to be able to edit to the extent of filling in forms. Apparently, there was some upgrade that denied my that ability without paying for the service.

Well, here in Britain we can use the latest Adobe Reader to do this.
0 Replies