whats it called?

himszy

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:38 am
whats a person called if they don't have a religion but will become a believer once there is scientific evidence of "religion"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 638 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Rosslyn

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 08:08 am
Atheist is when they don't have a religion...... but i'm not sure if I understand you.... how can there be scientific evidence of religion?
0 Replies

CannibalCrowley

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 08:12 am
I believe you're referring to an Agnostic.
0 Replies

Rosslyn

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 08:33 am
Agnostic is someone who doesn't know if gods exists or not...... so that still doesn't fall into the "will believe" category, right?
0 Replies

himszy

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 02:55 pm
yup that sounds about right.

Thanks
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 03:08 pm
If science ever "proves" there is a God...or establishes beyond reasonable doubt that there is a God (or some such)...

...it will not be necessary for anyone to "believe" it. They will be able to know it...at least within the confines of what passes for "know" in this life.

I'm an agnostic.

I do not know if there is a God or not...and I do not see enough evidence pointing to one side or the other...to make a reasonable guess.

But if science could establish credible evidence of any spiritual or supernatural existence...of course, I would deal with it.
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:01 am
Science doesn't always apply to everything though. I often feel that the type of proof people look for isn't appropriate to the subject matter being discussed.
0 Replies