HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2016

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:59 am
Cmon, Put it away for a day or two. Try ta be nice to each- n- other.

Were going up to Wellsboro for a holiday weekend with friends . No family get-together this year. Nothing seismic, its just that my wifes sisters decided to take a short trip to Fla. My son and his wife are overseas. We mourn our daughter. My immediate family has gone hunting for a goose dinner in two weeks (should they bag one or two).

We leave about 10 because its a 4 hour drive to "the mountains" .
We have a dish of mashed sweet potatoes with bacon and sweated onion (with a teeny bit of curry for a tag ), and weve made two punkin pies.

Were going to eat some game foods (I just hope its not deer or bear). I HATE DEER MEAT AND BEAR meat is like a hematoma.

Our one host used to own a series of restaurants and they specialized in things like quail with venison sausage chestnut stuffing (that is the only way to eat deer meat, mixed in with veal and pork and spices and all inside a larded quail. (I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE)

View best answer, chosen by farmerman
Ceili

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:12 am
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:20 am
I now hate deer. One leaped out in front of my little Z3 a bit more than a month ago and caused $5000 damage (I was only going 30mph). If I'd been going at 50 or 60, he would have slid up the hood and quite possibly killed me.

It ain't thanksgiving here but to you weird Americans, modestly sincere good wishes.
snood

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:55 am
@blatham,
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:14 am
@farmerman,
http://www.carlheilman.com/wallpaper.screensavers/1280.heilman.catskills.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to the American A2k gang
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:30 am
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No matter who you are, I wish you a great meal, good family time and a bit of respite from the rigors of daily struggle or whatever you see it as.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:37 am
In honour of American Thanksgiving, I'll wear this hat when I walk the dog tonight

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f1/4f/38/f14f38caa6c9e18869993e285ccb22e1.jpg
snood

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:40 am
@ehBeth,
Ooooh... I want one!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:55 am
@blatham,
Mrs F has announced the pies are done, so we shall load up the truck and drive up to the Grand Canyon of Pa (ish).

0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:59 am
Canada has nothing to celebrate at this time of the year.

How about creating a 3-day holiday in honor of Christopher Columbus? Wink
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 09:25 am
We had a turkey dinner last night, the Lovely Bride and I together with our
two sons, daughter and son-in-law and grandson. Today daughter, son-in-law
and grandson will be driving to New York to celebrate with the other side of
the family. The rest of us will eat out and then go to the Bread of Life food
pantry to help out with clean-up.

I just listened to "Alice's Restaurant", so there's another tradition kept.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 11:22 am
@blatham,
Quote:
I now hate deer. One leaped out in front of my little Z3

I feel your pain. My Z3 and RX-7 both lost their virginity to those damn forest rodents.

I don't 'do' Thanksgiving (or any holidays) either. Too damn limiting. I want everyday to possibly be the best day ever

I am thankful for them though
blatham

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 12:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
My Z3 and RX-7

I think I'm cluing in to your handle. We should talk cars one day. Quick true story - when wife and I left Manhattan to move to Oregon, we stopped in at the BMW dealership and picked up a new 3 series coupe. Driving across the continent, we got to the salt flats and my wife wouldn't let me speed. On the frigging salt flats. We're no longer together.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 01:20 pm
@farmerman,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL from Silicon Valley, California.
We're having Thanksgiving meal at our home, and the 20 lb turkey is now in the oven cooking. Should be ready soon. My sister-in-law dropped by with her granddaughter, then disappeared. We're having about 8 people today.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 02:57 pm
I hope vonny stopped posting on a2k long enough to enjoy his Thanksgiving meal!
LOL
Sturgis

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 04:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That would be her Thanksgiving meal and I don't know enough about British customs to know if they partake in this.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 04:19 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks Sturgis for the correction. My memory is very poor at my age, so people will need to excuse me for my unintended mistakes.
snood

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 05:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Are those worse than intended mistakes? Smile
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 05:29 pm
@farmerman,
Happy Thanksgiving all! We had a houseful of family and a wonderful meal and plenty of good conversation.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 05:55 pm
@snood,
All of them.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2016
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:54:25