HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2016

sherry2013

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2016 08:55 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman,happy for Thanks giving day.This is sherry from China of a shy girl .first know about the thanks giving day from our English book,at that time i'm just a child,we curious about the Turkey and wonder it's so big we've never see.In fact,this holiday is more popular in china,some children buy flowers for their parents and teachers.and the supper star will do some welfare activities,like clean the streets at midnight ect.
0 Replies

IngridTR
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 12:41 am
@ehBeth,
I love this!
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 06:01 am
@IngridTR,
We are lying abed and not a word has been spoken about breakfast.
We ate like pigs yesterday. Our hosts made those quails stuffed with venison sausage and chestnut s. It was drizzled over with a currant sauce (tangy and sweet (ish).

Jerusalem artichokes in a fennel sauce(fresh from our hosts huge garden)
They also made some wild geese.(The only thing I have mixed feelings about. Geese are monogamous and its sad that, when you shoot one, youve just left a widow or widower. But they were delicious.

They had pickled RAMPS and fiddleheads ( they must have picked them and pickled them in the spring)

Today we are going on a hike into the Lumberjack tril which leads us over to an old RR bridge near the Pa Grand Canyon
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 08:39 am
@blatham,
Quote:
we got to the salt flats and my wife wouldn't let me speed.
I feel your pain! Same thing with me except it was on Tail of The Dragon. So frustrating

Right on the handle btw. My biggest driving flaw on the track is too much speed into the corners. Uses up tires and isn't the fastest way around

Yep, we need a car thread
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 08:57 am
Happy turkey day Murikans, have fun ! Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 09:08 am
@farmerman,
Sounds like a grand meal. I think I could have stuffed myself with the veggies and pickles you've described.

Enjoy the hike (take photos!).
kitman

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 11:13 am
Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 03:59 am
@ehBeth,
It cleared up rally nice from about 11AM to just about dusk but the valleys were kinda smoky with creek fogs . So heres a stock shot of the area we were hiking . Wellsboro is really a neat little town and the hotel we are bunked at is no chain, its a local business where the owners really believe in hospitality and comfort.

Today, I think were going to head out and explore some "Ghost towns" in the area around Lock Haven and then have another dinner at our friends cabin. Tonite were going to have to stay at the cabin (Im kinda bummed out cause they dont have cable or even dish reception back in the woods .)

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M66f2da0c7a70cdca7cb6c74ab100dd69H0&w=300&h=193&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 08:17 pm
@farmerman,
A little rest from the computer will be a blessing. Wink
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 02:48 am
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 11:49 am
@farmerman,
Wellsboro is nice. I've been there a few times.

<needs to poke into photo albums>
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 03:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Had a nice breakfast at the cabin, walked around and tossed a line into the stream, caught a few smallish trout, released em, and went over to the LEonard Harrison overlook and then drove home. Only took about 3 hours home (not much traffic really). I guess the schools (Lock Haven and Mansfield)are on a staggered return and I think Penn STate is done for the Fall semester.

Enjoyable little trip, nice to catch up with folks and reminisce

Now we head down to Southern Delaware for a Xmas shopping trip this weekend.
blatham

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 07:38 pm
@farmerman,
That stock shot above is damned pretty. When we left New York, we drove through Penn. I fell in love with the state. Over here, the mountains are new and jagged rather frightening in appearance. Yours are friendlier. They look more like soft girl parts in hippy colors.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 07:53 pm
@blatham,
Good description, and I agree that even the stock shot is pretty.
blatham

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 07:58 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Some features of the world inspire eloquence.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:10:26