Pump and controller electrical wiring

Plazz

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 11:29 am
Hi
I need help connecting a water pump and controller - single phase. The controller has a power cable and this is wired, L1, N and earth (marked this way on the controller box). The pump has a cable (3 core) that needs to be connected to the controller box and is marked earth, U and V. I have no idea to which of these terminals I should connect the live and neutral wires.
Please can someone give me the answer to this. I'm completely stumped and need to pump some water.

Plazz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 697 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 12:16 pm
@Plazz,
Check appliance w/ ohmmeter to determine whether U and V have any continuity to earth. If not, then it probly doesn't matter. However Plazz let's hope we hear from Eng or one of the other techs
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 01:55 pm
@Plazz,
L1 to V, N to U, earth to earth. (This the European standard). if in doubt check the wiring instructions you should have got with the pump, or which should be on the maker's web site.

dalehileman

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2016 03:38 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
or one of the other techs
And that'd be Con of course
Plazz

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 09:38 am
@dalehileman,
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Pump came with very little information just a diagram showing 3 wires, one connected to earth, one to V and one to U and a note saying "Made in China".
dalehileman

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2016 12:59 pm
@Plazz,
Yea Plazz, in fact have serveral AA-size batts, rechargeable but not labeled as such. China of course
0 Replies