Humane Society of the United States

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:13 pm
In another thread of mine (that got pulled ???), someone wondered why I would attack the Humane Society, specifically, HSUS. The reason is because they are not who you think they are.

HSUS is the largest anti-hunting PAC in the country. They want to ban all forms of hunting and in some cases fishing. They are not the friendly folks that take in your neighborhood strays. In fact, they do absolutely nothing with animals.

Don't be confused by their deception. And don't let your grandma get fooled out of her social security check by them either.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,805 • Replies: 23
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:17 pm
I forgot to mention that John Kerry voting record over the past 20 years has been 100% aligned with HSUS position. He's an animal rights candidate. If you don't believe me check smartvoter.org.

Also, go here:

http://www.hsus.org.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:55 pm
You're going to have a hard time convincing people that Kerry's voting with the Humane Society is a bad thing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:44 pm
Another reason to like Kerry! Despite the hair...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:47 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
You're going to have a hard time convincing people that Kerry's voting with the Humane Society is a bad thing.

But it is precisely my point. The Humane Society and HSUS are two different beasts. Pun fully intended.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:48 pm
Dlowan, you think hunting is bad, for what reason? Are you a vegan?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:50 pm
The NRA vs. the Humane Society.

I love it!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:55 pm
e_brown, please note my posts above. You don't have to be completely uniformed before you post.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:00 pm
CJ,

I am not uninformed.

I am just pointing out that this issue is a loser for the Bush camp (and I bet that Bush will stay away from it). Politically this is a David vs Goliath struggle (and the NRA is no David).

Most hunters aren't worried about a Kerry presidency. But then, the NRA is no longer primarily an advocate for hunters.

The louder the NRA extremists scream, the better...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:04 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Most hunters aren't worried about a Kerry presidency.

I wouldn't bet on that.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:54 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Dlowan, you think hunting is bad, for what reason? Are you a vegan?

Nah - I am a fruitarian, with logical add ons.

I eat fruit, nuts, and animals that were already dead.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:55 pm
You know - like road kill and such. Though I have been known to follow free range chooks around, hoping for an accident.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:56 pm
Lots of folk here ar elike that - in fact, our state's people are known, rudely, to other states as "crow eaters".

But that is just dumb.

Crows are smart - they hardly ever get hit by cars.

And - we aren't allowed to swerve to hit anything.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:57 pm
In fact, this is "drop bear season" - which is special.

This is the time of year when male koalas drop from the trees - dead from over-exertion in the yearly mating season.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:58 pm
Our animals are amazingly clever and sure footed - you know, cos of all we crow eaters following the clumsy ones around...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:03 pm
http://www.thecrowroost.com/EATING_CROW/IMAG0004.JPG
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:06 pm
I am very fond of crows. Alive.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
So now you hijack my thread?

I'm sure there's at least a few hunters on this board, and they probably don't know the difference between the Humane Society and HSUS.

Hunters are the original conservationists in the USA. Why do you think we have preserved so much land and waterways to support wildlife? It wasn't a bunch of urban tree huggers that did it. Most of it has been accomplished by the license fees paid by hunters and fishermen/women. Hunting and fishing is regulated in every state and most of the DNR(s) budget comes form those same fees.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:53 pm
Not so here - Cjhsa - the conservation was done by governments - guided by enlightened tree huggers - or conservationists.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:25 am
Precisely your problem.
0 Replies