What is your favorite mind machine?

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 05:38 pm
@roger,
Just wait til the web crawlers to find this thread..
roger

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2017 06:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
Lord have mercy!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 01:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
I'm thinking now that one of the major effect of these mind machines is that they help you to meditate whether you are trying or not. They calm your mind and even stop your thinking for periods of time sometimes long periods. Even if you've never intentionally tried meditating, it's automatic. Also I've found that with many of the sessions I start deep breathing, an abdominal breathing to such an extent that I have to loosen my belt.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 04:48 pm
@coluber2001,
Yes, that's exactly the effect I notice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 01:46 am
Does this thing have a good range of volume control. My hearing isn't good, and the loss is quite asymmetrical. I'm actually thinking of ordering one.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 08:18 am
@roger,
My hearing has always been good. I never use more than 5 on a 0 - 10 scale on the audio and around 3 most of the time so I think it will give you enough volume. There is no amp distortion even at full volume. Will have GF try it soon, she has hearing problems.

The LED brightness range is bigger. Cranked up high it induces pseudo hallucinations, mostly geometric patterns but that probably depends on the beholder. Full bright is uncomfortable. And this is with your eyes closed.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 09:11 am
@coluber2001,
I rather go for a walk or strech my legs to get that.Cheaper, healthier, and way more natural. In any case if the toy pleases ya have fun !
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 11:56 am
Leadfoot is right about the volume. I'm hard of hearing, but it's never been an issue with me on the machine. As far as the video portion goes, the eyes are always closed, and there is a light intensity dial.You can also adjust light intensity by the position of your eyes, up or down, and if you raise your eyebrows you get a flash of bright intensity.

I recently heard about Aldous Huxley experimenting with strobe lights as part of a spiritual quest. He describes the experience in the books The Doors of Perception, and Heaven and Hell. This was in the fifties and concurrent with his experiments with mescaline. I somehow missed these books but I have them on order.
So apparently work with strobe lights is not a new thing; it just has'nt been reported very much.
cicerone imposter
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 12:21 pm
@coluber2001,
Rather than strobe lights, there were studies done that by sitting in a well lit room early in the morning helps with your mental health.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/down-in-the-dark/
roger

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:16 pm
@coluber2001,
Proteus is still 159 on Amazon, with free shipping. I sure hope it is good for something.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 05:49 pm
@roger,
You'll love it. There are many sessions to experiment with. It.s one of my best investments for the price of a single session with a clinical psychologist or hypnotist.

Let us hear abour your experience with it.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2017 09:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Obviously!
...trading the real deal for a toy is foolish !
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 06:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Rather than strobe lights, there were studies done that by sitting in a well lit room early in the morning helps with your mental health.

Yeah, real helpful when the problem is that you didn't sleep the night before.
That bright room in the morning is a lot more enjoyable when you have.
I'm enjoying mine right now.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 09:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't no what one has to do with the other. Walking out in the air and the sunshine is healthier than sitting on your butt in a well-lit room making comments on your computer.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 10:06 am
@Leadfoot,
It doesn't follow...
If you miss sleep often go to a doctor or have better care with your timetable.
Toys won't replace natural calm environments for relief. CI answer is on spot !
coluber2001

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:38 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yeah, run to the doctor and take a pill for all your problems instead of finding your own solutions. Typical American: fat and diabetic on medicine for the rest of your life or addicted to drugs, legal or illegal.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 11:45 am
@coluber2001,
Of coarse. One must get regular physical exercise in order to stay mentally and physically healthy. We're going to Hawaii this month for 10 days to spend time with my sister and her husband, and we always love to walk around Waikiki beach just a few blocks from my nephew's condo.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 01:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Have fun in Hawaii. I'm lucky in that there's a wild area just three blocks from my house where I can hike and even do yoga in a secluded place.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2017 02:04 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
If you miss sleep often go to a doctor or have better care with your timetable.
Toys won't replace natural calm environments for relief. CI answer is on spot !

Yes doctor, I'll take all those pills you prescribed, stop wasting time on this computer and hop on the plane to Hawaii with CI right away.

And may I say your diagnostic abilities are amazing! And you didn't even have to see me! Or know who I am! American medicine in the 21st century I tell ya!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:37 pm
My thinking now concerning these mind machines is that their primary function is for meditation. Although different sessions are concerned with different functions, such as energy or relaxation, they all put you in a state of meditation.
I have never meditated in my life before now, so I think the major effect that this machine has made on my life is through meditation.
I suppose that some people would think I'm cheating by using a machine for meditation, and that I should be learning to meditate on my own, but that would be akin to saying that all learning should be done without the aid of a teacher
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:16:34