What is your favorite mind machine?

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 04:56 pm
The cheaper models: luma 10, proteus etc. I'm in the market for one now.

I guess I should explain what a mind machine is; I've just discovered them myself. It's a machine that delivers audio and visual light pulses to put you in an alternate state of consciousness. From alpha and theta for relaxation, to beta for sharp, regular consciousness, to delta for deep sleep. Apparently they are the real thing.

View best answer, chosen by coluber2001
roger

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 05:47 pm
@coluber2001,
When you get one, please start a new thread and tell us all about it.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 08:02 pm
They're expensive. From $159 to $600+. I'm opting for the $159--luma 10 or proteus. I'll report back when I try it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_machine
roger

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:04 pm
@coluber2001,
Great!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:06 pm
I'd be afraid it would give me a seizure.

Tried one once, yes to relaxing, but I wouldn't do it again.
roger

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:10 pm
@chai2,
Did it have the feel of a pharmaceutical aid?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:24 pm
@roger,
I wonder if he'll come out of his trance to report back?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:28 pm
@roger,
No..... Well, I guess it depends on your definition.

You don't feel high or anything, if that's what you mean.

I was definatley in an altered state way beyond relaxation.

When I came to realize I was no longer aware of my body, it startled me. Which in turn brought me out of that state.

Deepest meditation state I'd call it, but produced by an outside source, not from within.
I think that's what I didn't care for, the fact it made you fall into that state too quickly, and with more surety. You weren't producing it from within.

Does that make sense?
roger

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:38 pm
@chai2,
I think it does, but I would still like coluber's impression.
chai2

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:47 pm
@roger,
But of course! It was a long time ago for me.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 10:13 pm
@chai2,
They're not recommended for people prone to seizures or heart conditions.
You have to wear stereo headphones and glasses. The flashing lights from the glasses can induce seizures in those susceptible.

The theory is that the hertz of the aural and video pulses cause sympathetic waves in the brain corresponding to the desired state, be it beta, alpha, theta, or delta. The state can be sharp mindfulness, relaxation, meditation, or sleep.
chai2

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 11:37 pm
@coluber2001,
I don't know if I'm susceptible or not. I'm not going risk it.

It felt really good though.

You've used this before?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 05:36 am
@coluber2001,
Interesting. The 'Electric Sheep' app does a bit of the sleep function for me but this sounds better. And even $600.00 is still cheaper than drugs :-)

Will watch for your feedback.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 09:46 am
@Leadfoot,
There is a website that offers isochronic tones, pulses or beats that correspond to the various brainwave frequencies, delta, theta, alpha, and beta. You'll see ten sliders that you can adjust or turn off depending on what you want to hear. I've used the theta pulses twice for deep relaxation 30 minutes before bed, and it really helped my sleep.
Theoretically, the pulses cause sympathetic waves in the brainn and achieve the differing states of mind. You'll want to experiment.

https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/isochronicBrainwaveGenerator.php

You have to donate $5.00 to get full access for a year, otherwise you just get a short example.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 01:34 pm
@coluber2001,
My favorite mind machine is trying to figure out an answer for the letters on a license plate. Here in California, most plates have three letters. My wife and I play the game. Sometimes, I use a zero (0) as an 'o.'

One we saw today: LBJ. Wink
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 02:04 pm
I listened to isochronic tones this morning, just the beta tones for about 30 minutes. I felt like I had drank 2 cups of strong coffee. Don't listen to beta tones at night; you'll never get to sleep.
chai2

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 06:35 pm
@coluber2001,
Oh no! No beta tones for me. I'm delta all the way.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 07:37 pm
@chai2,
Do they put you to sleep?
chai2

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 07:45 pm
@coluber2001,
I had some cd's with delta waves with music at one point, but no it didn't put me to sleep.

I am unusal among people in that I'm the rare bird that doesn't really care for music. Certainly not when I'm trying to sleep. I wouldn't mind white noise, but music, expecially that which is tuneless, like delta wave music, always had a part of me tensed over what was going to assault my ears next.

Thinking about it, this was while I was still working, and had a spate of not being able to get enough restful sleep, and I felt it was harming me physically over the long haul.

Now I go to sleep and get up when I want, and have no issues sleeping, ever.

Now my usual patter is asleep by 2:30am, up at about 9am, hour nap at some time during the day. Hell, maybe five 10 minute naps if I want. Very peaceful life.

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 12:40 pm
It's been about 3 1/2 months since I purchased the proteus mind machine, and here is my report.

There are 50 preset sessions or programs, or you can set it to any hertz pulses from 0 to 50 by .10 increments. I generally use certain preset sessions, which last from 15 to 60 minutes each. The description provided for each session is minimal, one or two words, but an elaborated description with graphs is available online: http://www.mindmods.com/resources/Proteus-sessionsgraphics.html

The various preset sessions have helped me with relaxation, meditation, energizing, concentration, sleep, and sexual dysfunction.

I found that not only does it enhance the libido, i.e., sexual drive, but it also increases potency. However, the manufacturer makes no claims nor even hints at these sexual effects--probably for liability reasons; you have to experiment on your own to find what works for you.

This machine has exceeded my expectations and is well worth the $159 cost. I would expect that hypnotists and clinical psychologists use these machines or recommend them to their clients, though this is pure speculation on my part.

Proteus mnd machine description:
https://mindplace.com/products/mindplace-proteus-usb-light-sound-meditation-mind-machine

1. Forums
  2. » What is your favorite mind machine?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 11:25:54