Facebook problem

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 09:15 am
Hello. I have a problem with my facebook page and would really appreciate it if someone could help me.
I often add a few pictures to my posts. People who like my page have been telling me that they only see the pictures in their News Feeds (without the text). Any ideas what could be the reason for this? The point of the post is always the text, so I really don't want people to see just pictures.
Thank you so much!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 706 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 09:19 am
@Kaja1988,

"without the text" -- does that mean a description you include with the picture?

that might be something people only see if they click on the picture -- something they may not be doing when they see it in their news feed...
Kaja1988

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 09:37 am
@Region Philbis,
Thank you for your reply!
For example: I write a few sentences in the window where it says “write something“. Then I click add photo/video above this window and I add a few pictures that are related to the text.
But people only see the pictures in their news feeds (without the text above). Even if they click on any of the pictures, there is no text there. However, if they go to my page, they see the post like it is supposed to look (pictures are below the text).
I would like the post to appear in their news feeds the same as it appears on my page.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 10:09 am
@Kaja1988,

short of physically adding the text to the picture, i don't think there's anything else you can do.

seems strange that the text would only be visible on your wall, but i guess that's the way FB wrote that part of the code...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 10:10 am
@Kaja1988,

one other option --

you could make the text your status, and then add the picture in the comment section...
Kaja1988

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 10:41 am
@Region Philbis,
Well, in the news feed of my private profile I can see posts from different pages that I have liked, and these posts consist of the text and a few photos below the text (just what I am trying to achieve). That is how I know that this is possible, I just don't know how. I don't understand how I, as a fan of a certain page, can see their posts in my news feed as they are on their page (namely text + photos), but the fans of my page cannot.
Anyway, maybe someone else has another idea. Thank you for your time and help!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 05:09 pm
When posting something, do you see the Video or Photo option?

Click on that first, find your picture/post it, and THEN add you text next to the picture.
Kaja1988

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 07:03 am
@PUNKEY,
Thanks. Doesn't work, though.
I wrote to Facebook, maybe they'll come up with something Smile
0 Replies