How often do you have alone/meditation time?

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:40 am
I try to read a daily devotional as soon as I roll out of bed (I'm a fan of Joyce Meyers and Dr. Tony Evans).

Then I look up the bible verses that are in my devotional and try to meditate on them.

After that, I pray.
Mostly for His guidance in my upcoming actions for that day, and that I can be the Light for others.

Finally I start my day hoping I have more positive moments than negative. My tongue sometimes gets the best of me, as I am very blunt and opinionated.

There are some days I don't make time, and I feel horrible. I made time for everything else but God. For me, there is no excuse when 5-30 minutes of my day is nothing considering how much of it is wasted doing nothing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 987 • Replies: 14
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:53 am
Although I don't include a God in my quiet time I try to have an hour of alone time every day
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:56 pm
I regard most of my waking moments as meditation. I am both used to being alone, and rather enjoy it after a long career in public service. Even in the midst of the political fray, I was a very private person. I believe that helped put a certain amount of power into my feeble hands.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:09 pm
I find precious moments daily.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:18 pm
Pshhh. Meditation. Arrow Shocked Embarrassed Idea
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:32 pm
alot
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 08:41 am
Good stuff *cheese*
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 08:58 am
It is extremely rare for me to be alone for 20-30 minutes. Even when kids are in school, Bear waits until they are home to run errands. Always someone around.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 09:51 am
I have my thinking time when I'm out cycling. Nothing to worry about except wind and hills allows me to let my mind wander. On the other hand, I've always been a daydreamer and find it easy to have some alone time anywhere, as long as no-one is talking directly to me (and sometimes even then!).
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:09 pm
Before I go to bed I meditate. For the rest of this month I will be spending 20 minutes a day doing a meditation suggested by the Breslover Rebbe in which one talks aloud to God. He said it should be for an hour, but I will do 20 minutes following 10 minutes of contemplative meditation. I spend a lot of time alone reading. I may in a couple weeks try praying an interpretive translation of the Shacharit or morning service written by Zalman Shachter-Shalomi, to give myself a better feel for the extractable meanings of the service in Hebrew.

I prefer to pray with people though, and also prefer group meditation.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:13 pm
I just sit and watch "my mind" for 35 minutes each morning (70 mins with a group of friends on Sat mornings).
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:27 pm
My daily walk is usually the time I do my thinking about things. When I am home, I am usually alone (of course I have my dog to keep me company) because my hubby works a lot of hours so I read or take long bubble baths...spend time on the internet or on the phone with a friend. When he comes home I am always glad for his company.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:34 pm
Mrs edgarblythe leaves out at least an our before I do. Then on Saturdays she spends quite a bit of time with her older sister. I get plenty of alone time and I need it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:47 pm
I need a lot of time alone & get a bit frantic when I don't get it. My favourite alone time is in my garden. It's there that I totally switch off from everything else & become totally mesmerised & transported. I can lose hours this way without noticing the time go. If I believed in a god I recken s/he lingers there! Smile
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:41 pm
0 Replies