What do you think they will pray for?

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:54 am
An estimated 400 Christians will travel the streets of Oregon City praying for residents Sunday evening during a citywide time of prayer called "Pray O.C."

"We'll cover the city limits. which is 9.2 square miles and that's about 27 or 28,000 people" said Tom Hurt, pastor of Oregon City Evangelical Church.

The evening of prayer is from 5:30 to 8 P.M. Participants will meet at Oregon City Evangelical Church to receive information and identification before heading onto the streets........

.......They will travel on foot, by bike or in cars, saying prayers for each household, apartment complex and business they pass.

At 7 P.M. the groups will reconvene at Oregon City High School to continue praying, this time for the school and city as a whole.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever heard of something like this?

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,008 • Replies: 13
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:57 am
What the hell? That sounds pretty goofy. Have you got a link to that story?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:01 am
I tried to find it in the Oregonian's online edition but they didn't have it. It was just a tiny little thing in the Metro pages.

I thought it was a little goofy too - but not objectionable even though I'm not a Christian. I have no quarrel with prayer.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:29 am
Perhaps they'll pray for light traffic.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:49 am
Quote:
Oregon City praying for residents Sunday evening during a citywide time of prayer called "Pray O.C."

That's awesome and whatever they pray for, it will be quite powerful. ...with prayer we can do all things, and with it, God will give us that strength which we want.

I've seen it done in D.C. a lot and in a lot of college towns where there are Christian groups.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:55 am
I've never heard of this before...I hope their main objective is to pray for world peace.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:21 am
They will probaby be praying that no one beats them up for lurking around their house or business.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
Quote:
Oregon City praying for residents Sunday evening during a citywide time of prayer called "Pray O.C."

That's awesome and whatever they pray for, it will be quite powerful. ...with prayer we can do all things, and with it, God will give us that strength which we want.

My guess...NOTHING has ever happened because of prayer...or wishful thinking.

Quote:
I've seen it done in D.C. a lot and in a lot of college towns where there are Christian groups.

Really!

Lemme tell ya something, Jao...if prayer worked, the world would be peaceful as a pasture...because damn near all the theists in the world are praying for peace.

You want something good done?

Do it.

Do something "good" and it will get done.

Pray for it...and don't do it...and it will not get done.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 01:00 pm
Like I said, I don't have any quarrel with prayer but I'm really more in Frank's ballpark on this: doing is more effective than praying.

Kristie, that completely cracked me up!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 01:24 pm
Good thing you have the right to your opinion, Frank! Smile

Praying in such a manner can also establish a desire to help and give ownership to the things going on there, and a great way of sending your good aura and energies their way.

God will probably be smiling away when he sees his children together with such a force. Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 03:01 pm
Joahaeyo wrote:
Good thing you have the right to your opinion, Frank! Smile

Praying in such a manner can also establish a desire to help and give ownership to the things going on there, and a great way of sending your good aura and energies their way.

God will probably be smiling away when he sees his children together with such a force. Smile

"She" Joahaeyo, "she"...not "he."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 03:03 pm
Laughing I like that, Frank.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 03:44 pm
Frank, don't forget to vote:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=928241#928241

Very Happy
0 Replies