Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:10 pm
Edit: Moderator: Moved from General to Pets

why must you commiserate with one another in off leash city parks?
what has my little black Bear done to you huuuuh?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,906 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:24 pm
what happened wenchilina Question
more details pleez...
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:38 pm
sorry about that.

just keep having verbal spats with anti-dog people around the city ( in the offleash parks ) here who seem to target my moving at a snail's pace black Bear.

i should have him wear a rubber halloween pitbull mask to fuel their anger hehe
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:45 pm
here -- this looks like its in his size

http://www.amgmedia.com/freephotos/DSCN9735.jpg
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:04 pm
You know what's worse than anti-dog people? Anti-my dog people. Word...

We have to be careful, as our dog is small, and knows next to nothing about aggression.

Meanwhile, stoopid owners of Bouviers and other large dogs who have no control over their pets insist on letting them run around off-leash IN THE HALLWAYS!! Don't get me started on the notices the entire apartment received asking tenants to not allow their dogs to go to the bathroom in the common areas.

I have no problem with off-leash parks, don't get me wrong, and I do have problems with troublemakers there as well who hate dogs. I also have problems with folks who just shouldn't own dogs. (Not you wenchy, I'm just venting about some people around my building). When exactly does "Oops, I forgot a baggie" become chemical warfare? Enquiring minds and responsible dog owners need to know. :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:19 pm
In the freakin' HALLWAYS, cav?!

You're kidding, right?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:39 pm
Eva wrote:
In the freakin' HALLWAYS, cav?!

You're kidding, right?

I wish I were Eva.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:48 pm
Cav. I agree more than you know - i'd also like to add into the boiling pot the hypocritical small dog owners who seem to feel when their dog snaps at my big dog it's just so gosh darn cute ( because my dog doesnt react ). grrrrrr

these groups may be an example of politics at it's finest ... the ornery lip pursed anti dog republican and the aloof loud mouthed democrat pro-' their ' dog - Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:56 pm
My dog can eat your dog's house.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 06:31 pm
I have to say, people who walk their dogs off-leash on city sidewaljks deserve a swift kick in the butt. I can appreciate a well-heeled dog, but if I come around the corner with my dog on a leash and yours off it - my dog will likely take a snip at your dog. Then what?

BUT, that's not the topic, sorry. Wenchilla - screw them. If they really care they can go to a park that disallows dogs.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 06:46 pm
Have you heard (probably not) about how it is no longer safe to walk your dog in some places now. Why? Because some stupid idiots are putting meat laced with poison in the park and dogs are eating it, getting sick, and well, dying.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:15 pm
It's probably the people in Cav's building who are sick of stepping in piles of dog poo in the hallways.

My God, that's hard to believe.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:27 pm
hideous
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:29 pm
we got 5 dogs here at the house... and i dont think we have found poo in the hall way
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:34 pm
I have to say, I have found poo in the hallway in the past. So, you pick it up and clean the spot (granted it easier on a wood floor than it is on carpet). What's the big deal?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:34 pm
I was just wondering if you were a fellow Portlander, winchilita?

Someone has been poisoning dogs and planting metal spikes all over town here - even in off leash areas.

My dogs are old and slow but I would never let them off leash anywhere here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:35 pm
Yikes, Boomer, must inform my lilsis.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:36 pm
might not have found it in the hall but found it in other odd areas..........
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:39 pm
My Bootsie, when she very infrequently does leave me a pressent, leaves it in very obvious places - like right inside the front door.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 01:48 am
I should clarify...I've never seen poop in the hallways. The laundry room is another story though.
0 Replies