Need information about Cats

joe harris

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 06:23 pm
Urs 53;

Thank you for you very kind post...I am very happy too see that you live in the South of Germany.

I was stationed in Munichen for years.I use to go trout fishing in Bad Tolz, then go down to Garmish. In fact I bought an clock in Garmish that still runs today..The little bird still comes out and tells me the hour..

The winter time in Garmish is out of this world with the snow and of course Xmas time with all the colored light in the shop windows.

I also love Fashing and most of alll the October Fest in Munichen. With the bands playing oopa,oopa
then watch them do the Shoe Platter.

Barvaira is a very beautiful part of Germany and some day before I must leave for good I would like once more to go to Munichen and have several cold Bock beers at the railroad station and of course eat all the worst I could hold.

If I had stayed longer in Munichen I am sure that I would have married my Inge Schrinner and by now we would have a whole mess of kids.

Thank you again for your very kind brief.
Please excuse my spelling.
Joe Harris
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:19 am
Joe, that is very interesting. I am glad to hear you liked Germany. We live in the South West, about three hours to drive to Munich. And your clock with the little bird most likely comes from the Black Forrest which is close to were we live.

If you do come to Germany, let us know - we would be glad meet you. 'We' includes my husband who is also on Able2Know by the name of BigDice67.

I wonder what happened to Inge Schrinner...

Take care!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 04:26 am
Oh, I forgot... We were in Garmisch this year in March. And they still had lots and lots of snow there! It was very beautiful!
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:31 pm
URS53;

I have been fishing and today is first day that I have been free to answer your last post.

The last time We were in Munich was June of 1984. We ate at the famous Rathouse..The one were everyone stands outside and watch the clock and hear the musical sounds.

Sunday morning we went to the Burgerbrau Keller had lots of cold beer and wurs.I just love the music ...sounded like the October fest music.

We (my wife and I ) went all over Europe and came back to the states the following September.
( June to September.)

My wife has since passed on so I doubt now that I will go back to Europe anytime soon. I promise you that if I do take a trip over to Munich I will let you know and we will get together.

Your friend ,

Joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 05:44 pm
Joe, I've just read this thread through. I think those who have posted before me have expressed my feelings better than I could myself.

I lost a wonderful cat several years ago, I still have her brother (and her pal, my dog). I made bad decisions, I feel, toward the end of my cat's life and have felt guilt for making her last weeks miserable. I think very much that you did the right thing. I hope I know the right time at the end of my other two pets' lives.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 08:06 pm
littlek;

I thank you for your post. I wonder if its part of lifes plan, that no matter what we try to do to help those we love, in the end it does not seem to be enough, thus we feel guilty that we could have done more

This is also true with all my animals that I have had and especially with my wife's passing. Love can show you the true feeling of being alive but at times she will crush your heart to where all you feel is a void in space that does not hold the light of life.

Thanks again................Joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 09:06 pm
<sigh>

So, will you get another companion?
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 09:55 pm
I would also like to give my condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved feline. I lost five in one year, all to feline leukemia. I swore that I would never take in another cat. One day my friend caught me absent mindedly petting my bed slipper (they are shaped like cats), the next day he showed up with Whisper, my beloved silver tabby cat. I now have a total of three cats. It will take time. The pain will ease, but the memories last forever, as does the love.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:28 am
Joe, where did you go fishing? Do you also eat the fish you caught? (Yes, I am pretty curious...)

I am glad that you liked Germany. Munich is beautiful city.

Take care!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:02 pm
I'm so sorry about Snow but don't rule out another cat Joe, my husband refused to consider another cat when our last one had to be put to sleep - that went on for 2 years until I came home to find someone looking for my neighbour with 2 orphaned 2-week old kittens - my husband still said no.

I took them in and he wouldn't look at them - he felt disloyal to Casey, but when one took a turn for the worse and looked as if she might not make it he stopped trying to ignore them, Sadly one didn't make it but he adores Rosie, she's a year old now.

Rosie isn't a replacement for our previous cats, she has a different personality - but she is adorable and we wouldn't be without her. I know we have to face the day when we'll lose her too - hopefully in the distant future - but for now we have the pleasure and fun of her company,

Please don't rule out another cat. 18 years of their company is a lot - even in the grief is awful.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:06 pm
Littek;

At this time I dont plan to have another pet.

Joe
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:09 pm
Aldistar;

Thank you for your very kind words. Gosh you sure have had your love tested, lost five in one year.

At this time I dont plan on having another pet.

Joe
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:16 pm
urs 53 ;

I live in Brownsville,Texas right on the Mexican border and the ocean in within five miles of my home.

I dont fish the ocean , I fish the bay and the back waters. I have enough fish in the freezer to hold me until next year.

I catch mostly Sea Trout , Red Fish and Flounder . I love to eat fish in fact they are my main substance.

So with my cat, fishing and working on my boat I have had or I should say....I have a simple but happy life.

Joe
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 06:24 pm
Viven;

I know you are like mefor I too am a cat lover.I hesitate about getting another kitten for they do live to be 18 or 20 yrs old.

I dont believe it would be fair of me to have another kitten for I dont believe that I shall be here that long to take care of one. For you see I am 85 yrs old, I live alone and all m,y pets have been family too me.

I give them love and care.....who would take care of them, who would give them a home.

Thank you again for your brief.

JOE
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:16 am
Joe, I think it is very good of you to think about the future of a pet. So many animals end up in shelters because their owner passed away and there is nobody to take care of them.

The fishing sounds good! And it does sound like a good life to me. I am happy to hear that.

Take care and enjoy your life even though you are now missing your feline friend.
0 Replies

robbyl

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 03:19 pm
kittens with infected eyes
hi, i'm robby, newbie here. i should really know how to tend to this but i don't. seems the wife and i have been nominated to be a no kill animal care/adoption center since we live in the country,,,,,apparently the right distance to be donated/dumped every type of critter you can think of. right now we're having a problem with eye infection in kittens, matted closed. i could use some advice as to what we can use on them. we wash with warm water,sometimes helps but usually returns. we keep our hands well washed too!! please help a.s.a.p. . we've got about 40 cats now, "we don't need no stinking epidemic"!!!! thanks,robby
0 Replies