DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 11:56 am
@Blickers,
I'm not sure where it originated; probably something I read somewhere. Other commentary supports my belief:

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/16/trumps-rigged-election-talk-backfiring-hillary-clinton-holds-enthusiasm-edge.html

Quote:
By raving on a daily basis about how the election is rigged against him, Donald Trump is giving his supporters a reason not to come out and vote.

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 12:53 pm
@DrewDad,
I may have conflated articles like this with the previous article I referenced:

Republicans fear GOP voters will stay home after Trump comments

Quote:
Republicans are terrified about turnout in the November elections, as they watch the backlash erupting after Donald Trump was caught on tape bragging about groping women and making other unwanted sexual advances a decade ago.

Blickers

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 01:16 pm
@DrewDad,
Okay, I see that the level of enthusiasm among Trump's own supporters sinking and it coincides with his "rigged election" bit, so that's supported by evidence.

Incidentally, it's perfectly all right to make your own deductions, but I just wanted to know if this was something you figured out or if there was some evidence somewhere to support it.
roger

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 03:23 pm
@DrewDad,
I believe it. I only wish we could get more of us that terrified. For the down ticket votes, I mean.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 06:58 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Incidentally, it's perfectly all right to make your own deductions,

I am aware. I just choose to be careful about attribution.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:34 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Some of them do go without bank accounts. Others might have their bank accounts in the name of family members. Similarly, cashing checks can be taken care of by family members, especially those who speak English.

How would a family member cash a check for someone other than themselves, especially without that other person having an ID that the bank/check casher can examine?

Blickers wrote:
As for young adults and alcohol, I imagine they obtain it the same way that youngsters under 21 obtain it.

They usually have someone over 21 use their secure ID to buy it.

But if everyone in inner cities is going without any sort of secure ID, people over 21 wouldn't be able to buy alcohol for other people.
oralloy

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:35 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
It's not going to be corrected in a lot of states with Republican state legislatures, since the Republicans benefit from making the mostly Democratic inner city residents go out of their way to obtain state ID.

It should be easy enough for the courts to monitor this and prevent any abuses in preventing people from getting ID.

Blickers wrote:
Here's a video that deals with the issue.

Claims that there is no fraud ring untrue when the people claiming there is no fraud are fighting tooth and nail to combat anti-fraud measures.

The claim that anti-fraud measures are racist is silly.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:36 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
All the studies show that the poor and the nonwhite have much greater incidence of not having a photo ID than the non poor and the white.

There is no reason why they can't be provided with a photo ID.

Blickers wrote:
Call it for what it is-racism.

"Not wanting Democrats to cheat" isn't racism.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 06:58 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

"Not wanting Democrats to cheat" isn't racism.

Yeah, but "not wanting Democrats to vote" is definitely a problem.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 11:59 am
@oralloy,
Quote Oralloy:
Quote:
How would a family member cash a check for someone other than themselves, especially without that other person having an ID that the bank/check casher can examine?

Sheesh. I learned this in junior high. Family member A without bank account signs check over to Family Member B with bank account. Need not be family, just a trusted friend. Family Member B puts check in his bank account. At this point, Family Member B can do one of two things.
1. Give Family Member A the amount out of his own bank account if such funds are available and he feels like taking the chance that the check will clear.
2. Wait three days for the check to clear, then give Family Member A his / her money.

That's what families are for, they do things for each other.

Quote Oralloy:
Quote:
They usually have someone over 21 use their secure ID to buy it [alcohol]. But if everyone in inner cities is going without any sort of secure ID, people over 21 wouldn't be able to buy alcohol for other people.

Nobody said that everyone in the inner cities has no ID, that's another figment of the right wing imagination. Most of the people in the inner cities have photo ID. But since it is much more possible to survive in the inner cities without one, a greater percentage of inner people-perhaps 10 percent or so-have their driver's license expired because they are unemployed and their car broke and they couldn't afford to repair it. In the inner city, they can use public transportation, most other places they cannot.

By keeping that relatively small percentage of inner city people who are getting by, at least temporarily, without photo ID from voting, the Republicans gain an advantage in close races since most inner city votes are Democratic. The Republicans then create the virtually nonexistent "voter impersonation" crapola as a seemingly patriotic cover for their unAmerican activity of suppressing people who want to vote.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » VP Debate
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:01:01