MontereyJack

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 10:59 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy says:
Quote:
I am well aware that Democrats cheat in elections, and do their utmost to ensure that no anti-voter-fraud measures are ever in place to stop them.

It generally only matters in close elections though.

And sometimes not even then. For instance in 2000 Al Gore tried to cheat W out of the Presidency and Republicans didn't let him get away with it. Then Al Gore tried to launch a scorched earth campaign, and the Supreme Court didn't allow him to get away with that

This is a lie worthy of Donald Trump. There is absolutely NOTHING in any of this thatis in the least true. NOTHING. As usual oralloy presents no evidence. He just makes wild, unfounded charges, without the least shred of proof. Largely because there is no way he can prove them because they're totally false.
oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 04:53 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
I haven't been asked for ID when buying alcohol for over a decade.

But presumably you were asked for ID when you were younger.

And presumably people in inner cities also buy alcohol as young adults, and have some sort of ID to allow this.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 04:55 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
It's a lot of hassle and it most certainly will cut down on the number of votes regardless of how much good faith effort goes into the state ID drive. Don't forget, since one party benefits from the inner city citizens being denied, don't count on too much money being spent to make getting their state ID easier in many states.

What do people in inner cities currently do when they need an ID?

Blickers wrote:
All to supposedly "remedy" a problem that the studies show doesn't really exist.

I don't believe those studies. The Democrats do such a good job of fighting voter ID measures that there is no way to tell how bad the problem is.

Blickers wrote:
The "cure" is far worse than the disease.

I just can't see how requiring secure ID is a burden. Even though people in cities do not drive, I don't believe that they have no need of secure ID in their lives.
oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 04:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Largely because there is no way he can prove them because they're totally false.

There is no way to prove the charges because the Democrats ensure that there is no way to detect the fraud to begin with.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 06:46 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
I just can't see how requiring secure ID is a burden.....Even though people in cities do not drive, I don't believe that they have no need of secure ID in their lives.

This might shock and amaze you, but once upon a time Americans paid with cash. If you look at some old movies you can see this phenomenon, that something is brought to the checkout counter and little pieces of paper are exchanged. If you don't drive, and you work for someone in the neighborhood and get paid with cash at the end of the week, you really don't need an ID. In the fifties, sixties and even the seventies, this was actually common in the USA. It still is in poorer inner city neighborhoods. Honest.
oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:22 pm
@Blickers,
Is it possible to open a bank account without ID? Do people in inner cities go without bank accounts?

Even if people in inner cities often use cash, it seems unlikely that they never see a single check in their lives. How do they cash checks without ID?

How do young adults buy alcohol in inner cities without ID?
Blickers

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:47 pm
@oralloy,
Some of them do go without bank accounts. Others might have their bank accounts in the name of family members. Similarly, cashing checks can be taken care of by family members, especially those who speak English.

As for young adults and alcohol, I imagine they obtain it the same way that youngsters under 21 obtain it.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:29 am
@oralloy,
If you can't be bothered to get an ID in today's America, You really shouldn't bother trying to vote.
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 07:06 am
@McGentrix,
Yeah, you and Krumple are two peas in a pod. If you don't bother to get an ID, don't think you are allowed to vote. If you don't achieve a certain income, don't think you have the right to get unsterilized so you can reproduce. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:20 pm
@Blickers,
You are a partisan/tribal fool. Period.

You would defend Clinton if we had a video of her killing someone for Saudi money.

I guess you have little else to do but advance this shite.

A government employee?

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Since she has never killed someone for Saudi money--what a stupid idea--there will never be such a video. Dumb invented comparison.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 08:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
You are a partisan/tribal fool. Period.

Of course. I just got done chopping down trees for firewood in my wigwam this winter. The chilly air is starting to come in.

Quote:
You would defend Clinton if we had a video of her killing someone for Saudi money.

No, but I will defend her against a 20 year long conservative campaign to say that she had Vince Foster killed to cover up the supposed affair the two were having. Followed by the same conservatives saying that Hillary is a full bore lesbian, without answering the question as to why a lesbian would have a secret affair with a man. And the conservative campaign saying for two decades that both Bill & Hillary had 20 people killed on the way up but they are so diabolically devious that nobody noticed, let alone prosecuted.

And you, Finn, have elected to continue in that same "tradition" with your Saudi murder post. Can't blame you much, though. The election of Hillary Clinton is becoming more and more a certainty, and like any good conservative, you have to hone your conspiracy theory skills.

Quote Finn:
Quote:
I guess you have little else to do but advance this shite.

A government employee?

No. Amateur contrarian who loves to let the light of fact shine on online conservative conspiracy pep-talks. Such as this one following. I suggest the whole 3 minute video, but if you are strapped for time, you can skip to the 2:40 mark for the conservatives' interesting take on education issues:

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:04 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Yeah, you and Krumple are two peas in a pod. If you don't bother to get an ID, don't think you are allowed to vote. If you don't achieve a certain income, don't think you have the right to get unsterilized so you can reproduce. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

I don't think that's a reasonable comparison. Poor people have the right to procreate. Getting an ID in order to vote seems to me more comparable to requiring a license in order to carry a concealed weapon.

People have the right to carry guns when they go out traveling on the road. Note my sig line. But if they have to get a (shall issue) license before doing so, I would not consider that a violation of the Second Amendment.
Blickers

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:09 am
@oralloy,
The studies show that the voter ID requirement will cut down on the number of legitimate voters who actually vote, and that voter fraud is not a problem, contrary to some political rhetoric. As I mentioned before, the IDs are issued through the state, and various states, due to budgetary constraints and political maneuvering, will make it easier or harder to obtain this state ID. Since the legitimate voters without IDs tend to vote for one party, the other party is raising the nonexistent problem of voter fraud to prevent these people who find state IDs a hardship to get from voting. And in many cases, the state IDs are a hardship to get.

The photo ID requirement is a political power play by the Republicans, nothing more.
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:55 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
The studies show that the voter ID requirement will cut down on the number of legitimate voters who actually vote, and that voter fraud is not a problem, contrary to some political rhetoric.

I don't believe those studies. It seems impossible that very many people can function today without secure ID.

It is impossible to tell how bad the voter fraud problem is because the Democrats undercut any measure to try to get a handle on the problem.

Blickers wrote:
As I mentioned before, the IDs are issued through the state, and various states, due to budgetary constraints and political maneuvering, will make it easier or harder to obtain this state ID.

If a state prevents people from getting ID, that is wrong and should be corrected.
Blickers

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 04:57 pm
@oralloy,
It's not going to be corrected in a lot of states with Republican state legislatures, since the Republicans benefit from making the mostly Democratic inner city residents go out of their way to obtain state ID. People who don't live in inner cities have a much harder time functioning without state IDs or drivers licenses, so they have them. People in the inner cities can and do function without them, and they tend to vote Democratic.

I saw a case where an elderly woman had to wait in line for 3 hours in a crowded Motor Vehicle office to get her ID. Here's a video that deals with the issue. A short video, I don't want be confused with Reasoning Logic.

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 10:45 pm
@Blickers,
Bullshit.
Blickers

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 11:22 pm
@McGentrix,
All the studies show that the poor and the nonwhite have much greater incidence of not having a photo ID than the non poor and the white.

Call it for what it is-racism.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 06:48 am
@McGentrix,
This is another hilarious trainwreck that Republicans have brought on themselves.

Republicans have spend the last 15 years trying to convince everyone that voter fraud is rampant (when it's almost nonexistent), in order to get these voter ID laws passed to suppress Democrat votes.

Now Trump's saying the system is rigged, and these same Republicans, who need folks to come out and vote for the down-ballot candidates, are suddenly talking about how trustworthy the voting process is. They're terrified that Trump is going to suppress the Republican turnout, by convincing folks their votes don't matter.

I'm laughing my ass off.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 09:11 am
Quote Drew Dad:
Quote:
these same Republicans, who need folks to come out and vote for the down-ballot candidates, are suddenly talking about how trustworthy the voting process is. They're terrified that Trump is going to suppress the Republican turnout, by convincing folks their votes don't matter.

Is that something you deduced yourself, (not that that makes it wrong), or do you have evidence that low Republican turnout because of Trump is a real problem among the Republicans now?

1. Forums
  2. » VP Debate
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:52:14