1.Futility has a rather concrete definition; it is one of pointlessness; meaningless.
2. Hope is something that is double-edged sword because it depends upon what you are hoping.
3. Believing in a meaning to life is the thesis of this question so it matters a lot. If one believes there to be some meaning to this life, then they would not see it as futile and quite the contrary.
4. I mean, yes, rocks are big (depending on the rock), but I was using that Greek Myth as an example; it was purely literary.
5. Of course, this depends on the individual! That is I am asking an array of individuals to give their opinion to see if there is some kind of common ground.
6. That last line I really don't know why it is there! I made some mistake somehow, but this website wouldn't let me edit it after I had posted it; so, if you have any advice on that I would greatly appreciate it. I just signed up about 2 days ago.