Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 10:45 pm
Why people prefer cremation over the traditional funeral?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,391 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 11:06 pm
@johnhibbert,
Lower cost, the ability to keep part of the loved one with you (some of the ashes), takes less space on the planet.

Mind you, even with a cremation you can have a funeral service, however the cost of the usually overpriced coffin is eliminated and interment is generally cheaper.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 02:38 am
@johnhibbert,
My father had a regular funeral service before being cremated. This was the first death in my family I had to deal with. The funeral was unbelievably large in that people we didn't even know showed up. Now all my family members prefer to be cremated first and then have whatever private funeral afterwards.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2016 04:20 am
@johnhibbert,
Quote:
Why people prefer cremation over the traditional funeral?

My family tell me that I'll be having the full service , a cremation followed by burial , to make absolutely certain.

And secretly I bless them due to my morbid scoleciphobia which is so bad I can't even watch or sing along with the wiggles at the twilight home for the bewildered where I am incarcerated.

Not only but also, as a believer in superstitious nonsense I have set up a funeral insurance company (no life cover) for the soon to be re-incarnated, to cater for all contingencies in perpetuity or transcendence (which ever comes first) at a very reasonable cost of 1+1/2 +1/4 +1/8 + ... for those going down or 1/i for those going up the food chain (or 50% of the sum of both for those who swing both ways).

This, in conjunction with my grave site Starr - Bowkett burial scheme lotto whose motto is variously You've Gotta Be In It To Win It and You've Gotta Win It To Be In It should be sufficient to ensure that I can fund my flickering candle for all eternity.
0 Replies

remember forever

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2022 07:32 am
@johnhibbert,
an urn is cheaper than a large coffin
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2022 12:41 pm
@remember forever,
remember forever wrote:

an urn is cheaper than a large coffin

A mini-mall dumpster is cheaper than an urn.
tatiana667

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 05:28 am
@tsarstepan,
You are not wrong but it does not make you wright
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 10:23 am
@tatiana667,
Which Wright are we talking about here Frank Lloyd Wright? Orville and Wilbur Wright? Edgar Wright? Letitia Wright? Some other Wright?
tatiana667

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2022 08:16 am
@tsarstepan,
You just proven my point
Being correct in correcting me does not make you right
it makes you something completely different
0 Replies