Can God have sex with a human?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 01:08 pm
@contrex,
He didn't think there was anything supernatural about the melon, did he?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 01:57 pm
@High Strangeness,
Never had a paranormal experience in 74 years on this planet.
High Strangeness

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Never had a paranormal experience in 74 years on this planet.

I could have sworn you once said you had some kind of spooky premonition about your brother, it was either you who said it or Frank Apisa.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:59 pm
@High Strangeness,
I don't have anything to say about Apisa. Not my place to speculate.
0 Replies

Anna123456

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 07:14 pm
@Thomas33,
I was raised going to church, and praying, and doing other religious stuff when I was younger. But a few years ago, I just realised that none of it made sense , and that I was practically believing in something that I had absolutely no proof of its existence. Just because it was introduced to me when I was a very young and very influenceable child. I realised that God doesn't exist as a divine entity, but it exists as our conscience. -you know, that thing in your mind that kinda makes you feel ashamed when you do something that you think it's wrong. Your conscience is not necessarily called God, but you can name it whatever you want, or simply call it conscience.
But I do respect religious people and their opinions . I think religion inspires certain moral principles to people (it teaches you that it's not a good thing to do certain stuff like killing people, stealing other's goods, committing adultery, etc). So it's probably a good thing after all.
But finally, regarding your post , i have to ask you something. Why would you ask such things about the God you believe in? (Because I guess you believe in some king of God since you're asking if you could actually have sex with Him). Isn't God supposed to be like, above any human on this planet? Above any human on this planet means that God does not, or at least shouldn't, eat, drink, have sex, and other stuff that humans naturally do because of their primary instincts.
God is not like humans. In other words, he doesn't eat , drink, or have sex. (Unless you want to think about God as only the main character in your sexual fantasies, right?). If you read the bible, or ask any pope, you will be told the same thing. Because God is meant to be the supreme, over-all-powerful, honest, and pure identity that will help and protect you when you're in need. God is meant to be the One you pray to, and respect, and follow. BUT IN YOUR MIND, YOU'RE COMPARING GOD TO SOME NICE AND HANDSOME MAN THAT YOU COULD HAVE A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH, AND THAT IS NOT GOD ANYMORE. BECAUSE GOD IS MEANT TO BE ABOVE THINGS OF THIS KIND, ABOVE THE HUMAN NATURE. GOD IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR YOU TO PRAY TO WHEN YOU'RE IN NEED AND TO FOLLOW HIS RULES, AND LOVE HIM MORE THAN YOU LOVE ANYTHING ON THIS PLANET. (I'm not talking about the thing you're thinking of right now).

And what I'm really trying to say is: IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE IN GOD, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ASSOCIATING HIM WITH ANYTHING THAT BELONGS TO THE HUMAN NATURE. BECAUSE IF YOU DO THAT, THEN HE'S NOT GOD ANYMORE, BUT SOME KIND OF HUMAN THAT IS MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN THE OTHERS.
contrex

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 04:32 am
Asking if God "had sex" with Mary (or anyone else) makes about as little sense as asking if he could get indigestion.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 05:02 am
@contrex,
Best answer.
0 Replies

sat

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 10:26 am
@Thomas33,
yes
0 Replies

sat

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 10:27 am
@Thomas33,

yes
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 02:05 pm
@Anna123456,
Quote:
I was raised going to church, and praying, and doing other religious stuff when I was younger. But a few years ago, I just realised that none of it made sense..

Sounds as if being dragged to church put you off organised religion, it's quite understandable and sadly it happens to lots of kids, but don't let it put you off Jesus..Smile
Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)
and people quickly cottoned on-"There is no other name under heaven that can save us" (Acts 4:12)
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2)

0 Replies