Judgement

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:02 pm
"If you judge others you have no time to love them."
-Mother Teresa

It seems that lately in life, and I suppose always in life people have been judged. We all know that we should not judge other, yet we all do. So maybe the question isn't whether or not we judge, but whether we judge wisely..and at that, how are we to know whether or not we are judging wisely? Judgment can be described as a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion, an opinion so pronounced and/or the process of forming an opinion or evaluation by discerning and comparing. Possibly you didn't notice but the word OPINION was used more than once in describing judgment. So although your judgment may be true or that possibly it holds some truth it you must remember that it is merely your opinion and isn't to be taken as the whole truth. For one, we as human beings cannot be easily defined. We shouldn't be judged merely for our actions for rarely do people know the intentions of others actions. Although we shouldn't judge we should be aware that we are being judged day by day and what others think of us effect our reputation. But we shouldn't base our actions off of what others think but be secure in our own self to not worry about just what others say of you. Yet we should take into consideration what others think of you not to believe it but to possibly see it as a way to better yourself, not for the world but for you. How others see us help derive our reputation, when you judge others you are not defining them you are defining yourself. A reputation is the overall quality or character as seen or JUDGED by people in general. So although you may be seen as having a good or a bad reputation it isn't necessarily true or right for it is based upon the judgment of others, which is, based upon others OPINIONS not facts. So although you should take into some consideration what others think of you and that daily you are being judged it is also up to you to care whether or not your going to let what others think of you effect who you are. Id like to say that people would decide things for themselves but too often we base what we think of others on what others think of them. "be who you are an no one else, for those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter" (Dr Seuss) Really what im trying to say is to be aware that you are being judged and your actions do determine how others see you, but that their judgments are only opinions. We shouldn't let what others think cloud how we see people. We as people cannot be so easily defined.

Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 728 • Replies: 4
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 05:55 am
Enjoyed your post and welcome to A2K. Do me and other old farts a favour though...
Use smaller paragraphs...my eyes ain't what they used to be.
0 Replies

indecisive8

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:58 pm
sry didnt mean to make it so long, im used to being able to make long posts lol, but i'll be sure to shorten them in the future.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:05 pm
Your post wasn't too long and I enjoyed it. I just have a hard time reading a post with no paragraphs.
0 Replies

indecisive8

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:44 pm
ah makes sense lol, well i will be sure to put paragraphs in then probably would make mores sense too lol. My ongoing ramblings do tend to be a bit lengthy though, thats a short entry compared to others i may submit. suppose the mind of a 16 year old is forever questioning
0 Replies