Do you think pets take on the attitude of their owner?

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:47 pm
Pigsy shares alot of my qualities, good and bad...lol...my bf often says we are one in the same. His cat, before we gave her away was alot like him aswel. It's funny how they adapt and take on the attitudes of us.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,829 • Replies: 24
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:51 pm
I have three cats. Barney is friendly, Nermal, a wise guy, and Spooky doesn't do much of anything. You could be right.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:53 pm
I completely think that all pets take on aspects of their owners. The magic is in seeing the negative things they adopt. It's like looking in a cute furry mirror. Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:57 pm
Are you kidding? No way!

SQUAWWWWWWWWWWWWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:00 pm
cavfancier wrote:
The magic is in seeing the negative things they adopt. It's like looking in a cute furry mirror. Smile

Yes, so true......ouch!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:06 pm
I love how Churchill taught his parrot, still alive and well, how to insult Nazis. Screw what the animal behaviourists have to say about simple mimicry, I prefer to anthropomorphize about that parrot's true intentions.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:23 pm
Hmmm - if pets take on the attributes of their owners, then I have multiple identity disorder.

Just to look at the cats I have now - one is calm, unflappable, universally friendly and eats like a horse.

The other is nervous, flighty, intense, wildly affectionate once her heart is won and fashionably anorexic.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:43 pm
dlowan wrote:
Hmmm - if pets take on the attributes of their owners, then I have multiple identity disorder.

Or they take the characteristics they like, or dislike and use them for themselves.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:54 pm
Lol - or they have their own - and they run with THEM!

I'd love the small appetite...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:56 pm
appetite encompasses more than just food you little lepus vixen.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 04:00 pm
dlowan wrote:
Lol - or they have their own - and they run with THEM!

Hmmmm......maybe.....but maybe not....we'll never know.....or will we???
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 04:05 pm
Oh - I am happy with the OTHER appetites....
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 04:24 pm
panzade wrote:
appetite encompasses more than just food you little lepus vixen.

My Pom-a-Poo Sissy, although spayed, is just the horniest thing... Embarrassed

She does share many of my traits...feminine yet aggressive, she loves to bark (talk) and she enjoys being around people.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:15 pm
Actually - my Miranda IS a tart......be there a man in the house, and her seductive li'l butt (well - SHE thinks it is!!) is beguilingly waved in front of their noses, as she sashays and undulates and trills her love to them.

I am NOTHING like that.

NOTHING!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:18 pm
dlowan wrote:

I am NOTHING like that.

NOTHING!

Ok, ok, don't scream my ears off...lol...I heard ya!!....Your Miranda must be "special"...ohh, and I mean that in a good way!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:27 pm
She's a hoot - a midget blue tabby point siamese - all ears and temperament.

She is neurotic and nervous, but will glare down anyone who puts a finger wrong as far as she is concerned - gives vets the heeby jeebies because she maintains unwavering disgusted, shocked and very, very disappointed eye contact with them for the entire time she is being handled by them - looks like she is SO going to tell their mummies on them when she gets home. They start blushing, and fidgeting, or laughing, depending on their personal resources.

She is also intensely passionate about everything she does - and extremely lively.

I still call her "the kitten" because of her tinyness, and her bouncyness.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:31 pm
Miranda sounds like a love. I had a cat when I was very young who, in the presence of a certain pointy-toe-cowboy-boot-wearing friend of mine, settle down in front of him and back up into the boot! He swore he was going to get an electric toothbrush and make her a little tiny sex toy...
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:00 pm
Oy, I hope my lab isn't a reflection of me. She's afraid of silverfish!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 08:01 pm
Put me down for multiple personality disorder too, deb.

Rosie is a long-haired, green-eyed gray & white cat. Very talkative, affectionate, and picky about her food. I must pet her while she eats. I call her my "little shadow," because she follows me from room to room all day.

Buster is a short-haired, amber-eyed orange tabby. He is an extremely nervous cat, and doesn't like to be held or petted too much. He eats all his food and everything Rosie leaves behind. (And has a paunch to prove it.) He disappears for hours at a time, reappearing only when it is mealtime or he wants to initiate a play fight with Rosie, who tries her best to ignore him. He is getting a little more affectionate as he gets older, but only in very "safe" ways. He likes me to rub him with my foot while I'm on the computer, for instance. Still, no holding allowed.

Rosie, on the other hand, sits on my desk. If I don't stop and pet her regularly, she gets in my lap.

Many people who have been to our house have never seen our cats...they run & hide. (Not like us at all...we're all very gregarious!)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 10:47 pm
Wy wrote:
Miranda sounds like a love. I had a cat when I was very young who, in the presence of a certain pointy-toe-cowboy-boot-wearing friend of mine, settle down in front of him and back up into the boot! He swore he was going to get an electric toothbrush and make her a little tiny sex toy...

Oh, I know that behaviour!

It gets a little embarrassing, doesn't it - that and the squirming.....
0 Replies